Hard Rock President -- Apparent Suicide

3/9/2010 4:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The President and Chief Operating Officer of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas was found dead today, with an apparent self-inflicted gun wound to the head ... law enforcement tells TMZ.

Andrew (Randy) Kwasniewski
was found by his wife this AM in their Las Vegas home.

The Las Vegas Metro Police Department has launched an investigation. We're told they are viewing it as an apparent suicide.

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

jen

apparently 2010 is the year for suicide.

Vegas

I think what's pissing me off more than anything about you people writing such horrible things is that his kids are teenagers and can get on here and read what you are writing about their dad. Show some compassion!

karma

Sadly, suicide happens a million times a year across the world. In this economy and the way people are so hateful towards each other..it is a wonder it isn't more.
Sympathies to Mr. Kwasniewsk's family and friends. May you find serenity. God Speed.

Carli Nunya

Right?!?! Goodfellas...my thoughts exactly!!!

CorrectWon

I worked with Randy many years ago when he was with Wyndham Hotels. What a shame, too bad he wasn't able to secure help/see the light for whatever his distress was. He went the route of securing a permanent solution to a (likely) temporary problem.

jim martinez

I don't know the man, but i know for a fact, the IRS is in the casino right now, the offices are locked down, and no emails are allowed to or from the casino.

Fred Farkel

Yes the economy on Vegas is terrible.

$20 - Southpoint
$55 - Palms
$65 - MGM

Cheap flights... my god... someone posted that the Four Seasons is closing???

And thank you for saying it before me JT - WTF, I'll say it again:

SUICIDE IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR A TEMPORARY PROBLEM.

NobodySpecial

"34. What is it with all these people killing themselves? Look folks, life is short enough. Why are you deliberately making it shorter? There are plenty of people in worse shape than you who would give anything to see another sunrise. As my dad used to say, "You're a long time dead. Enjoy every moment of life you can get".

HA, what a load of crap. When you are dead you are dead. You dont look back regretting and wish you were alive. Think about this: People who kill themselves think that life IS LONG ENOUGH. Saying 'enjoy every moment of life you can get' is stupid if the person contemplating suicide is not happy.

People always say stupid things about suicide like "Only cowards commit suicide". WRONG, it takes alot of balls to kill yourself.

Want to help someone who is suicidal ?. Then try to understand them instead of making idiotic statements like "life is worth living".

billybrown00

What in the hell do people keep referencing goodfellas for? Nothing even close to this happens in the movie. In fact, as far as I can remember there is no instance in the movie where a murder was made to look like a suicide. Dumbass fanboys who can't get it right show just keep there comments to themselves. I also agree that it's a pretty low move to talk trash on a guy who killed himself. what are you hoping to accomplish with that crap? Morons, the rest of his family is probably reading all this. Did you ever give that any thought. R.I.P man, I never knew you or gave the slightest hell about your casino but nonetheless it's still a tragic deal. sad thing is that the family are the ones that have to carry this on there shoulders for the rest of their lives. don't blame yourselves folks. If money and wealth weren't going to do it for this guy then nothing was going to.

chick

It's a HARD KNOCK LIFE for us.

Ziggy

The economy is down, so sales are way down. Most people can't afford a $10 salad while admiring another rock star's guitar. In hard times, expect more rich people to take drastic measures as the reality of adjusting to a lower lifestyle kicks in.

The Obama administration should have focused on stimulating the economy first and healthcare second.

Truth Hurts

evolution

julie

I am going to Vegas at the end of the month and we just booked our hotel TI I wanted to stay at the Hard Rock tho but because it wasn't right on the strip my friends said no :( I am however going to go to the new club Vanity while I am there. :(

What a horrible tragedy

A family friend

The suicide is speculation by the media. Still an ongoing investigaton, please respect the family and friends of this great man. Please pray for the family at this time and show respect.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments