Corey Haim Collapsed, Prescriptions Found

3/10/2010 11:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim DiesCorey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.

We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.

Corey's mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.

Authorities believe -- though are not certain -- Corey died of an accidental drug overdose.

UPDATE: We're told the LAPD has wrapped up their preliminary investigation and it's now in the coroner's hands.

Dreamyvelvet

RIP Corey. Your pain is over now. To those who have never lived with an addict: It is extremely painful to see someone you love die by inches. Rehab only works if you work it. To the people that say the Doctors who prescribed the medication are responsible..grow up. It's called Doctor shopping. An addict can and does do whatever they have to for their fix including changing Doctors, their names, using the internet, etc. BTW...let's call it what it is..drug addiction. The person who abuses prescription drugs is just as much of an addict as the one who shoots up smack. Check out some NA meetings. They are full of "normal" people addicted to the more socially acceptable form of drug addiction, prescription drugs.

Heinrich

As a parent, his mom is living my worst nightmare. Leif Garrett are you paying attention out there?

Olliver Twisted

The abuse of pain medication isn't a surprise to me at all. It can be fairly easy to find a doctor who will prescribe them. I was hurt at work and the doctor they sent me to actually asked me what pain medication I preferred. The original script was for a month's worth of pills. I saw him every week for followups and at each appointment he asked me if I needed more pain meds. I'm not one to take pain medication so I refused all of the refills. Hell, I only took 4 out of the original prescription! But if I wanted to, I could have had 6 refills on my original prescription. If it can be that available to me I'm sure the stars can get pretty much what they want, when they want it.

debra

Its sad that people want to assume the worst and TMZ is on the band wagon.
I just watched HLN and they had Corey Haim's agent on the phone and he said Corey was not using drugs, and that he was not feeling well and had a fever yesterday.
he also said Corey asked his mom to lay down next to him and told her that he was having trouble breathing at which time his mom asked him to roll over on his side.
it helped and they both fell asleep.
then Corey's Mom said she woke up because Corey was walking around the bedroom and he collapsed in front of her right after she woke up.
The agent also said that Corey was seeing an addiction specialist and was just placed on medication to help in his fight against drug addiction and that they had a doctor at Corey's house last night when he has the fever and the Doc thinks it could be a reaction to the medication.
whatever the reason I liked him and his work and its very sad that he is gone. he was only 2 years younger then me, and I grew up watching both him and Corey Feldman.
I am sad for Corey Feldman and for Corey Haim's Mom. the agent said she is just devastated and is not doing well at all.

Ben

76. Another pathetic loser junkie is dead. Sad for the parents, but the world is better off without another crazy addict.

Posted at 12:20PM on Mar 10th 2010 by Matt

Now, Matt, all we've got to do is wait for you to drop over; counting the hours, you friggin' POS!

debra

. Its sad that people want to assume the worst and TMZ is on the band wagon.
it helped and they both fell asleep.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-collapsed-prescriptions-drugs-death-overdose-found/6#c26131945#ixzz0hnOT4SVE

J C

Addiction turns people into narcissistic self pitying evil monsters.
People in drug addiction are not to be pitied.It perpetuates their condition.
They need to get saved.there's plenty of testimonies out there from people who have found Jesus and were saved from this sin.

dirty diana

i would hope instead of the FBI being at the oscars and partying it up they would instead be investigating doctors who are giving these perscriptsions!! seems every week we start we've lost someone else young of drug overdoses.

RabbleRouser

Cory's death (while sad) and history of drug use is par for the course of what happens to most child stars when they grow up.
Who is protecting the future generations?

I hope Kate Gosselin is taking heed, but I sure she is too wrapped up in her own narcissism to notice or care.

While his mother is understandably grieving and battling for her own life, she has been a long term enabler of Cory's drug addiction. She is the equivalent to Dina Lohan. I wonder if Cory's father is the equivalent to Micheal Lohan- since they were estranged for many years.

I have to wonder what Cory was doing in the US- with his long history of drug addiction, he should have made him ineligible for a visa.

Xanadu

Hey Be-For-Real: YOU ARE A BIGOT AND A RACIST AND YOU GIVE PEOPLE OF ALL COLOR A BAD NAME - what a shameful comment - you should be looking into why you felt any pleasure in posting it. disgraceful.

Carrie

Grew up in the 80's and I think many like me were sad to hear this news. I don't think the majority of them will be commenting on TMZ. He did not know just how many fans he had and that we all waited for him to make a good comeback. His disease killed him and that it will kill many more in this country today. RIP Corey

ALLAMERICAN

Is "flu-like symptoms" double-speak for what? Now, when ever I feel I have "flu-like symptoms" it scares the hell out of me!!!

Robyn

I bet Corey had no idea how much people loved him even still. The internet and tv are blowing up with people so saddened. Cory Feldman gets on my nerves but I have to say I feel SO sorry for him right now. I have lots of best friends who I couldn't live without. They were so close. I am praying for his mom and friends.

chicken head

sad-- not many people are writing in here

capt andy

okay here they are corey jokes
1.why did cory die..he was seeing dr murry he he