Corey Haim Found Dead

3/10/2010 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimActor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4 AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys" with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

Derek

I wonder if TMZ killed him?

Recall the other day when the TMZ guy went up to Corey Feldman and didn't even recognize Haim until Feldmen asked, "Don't you know who this is?"

That must have been hard for the guy who was clearly battling issues in his life.

Good job, guys ... your camera dude most likely contributed to the death of one half of the Two Coreys.

Marianne

I know he had struggled with his drug addiction for a long time. While I cannot say I am surprised, it is still very tragic and sad. I grew up one town over from the town where they made the movie Lucas and I still remember that little scrawny kid....he will be missed by those of us who grew up watching him grow up. RIP Corey.

LADA

His death is not surprising. In manner and means it was totally foreseeable, predictable, and just a matter of time. I prosecuted him for heroin possession in 1989. He truly appeared to be a "lost boy" even then. Another spoiled rich kid with more money than brains surrounded by enablers and sycophants, including his parents, who were in denial and would not or could not say no and give him the guidance and discipline all teen boys need. Obviously, he and those around him learned nothing from his early encounter with the legal system due to his involvement with drugs.

Big Mike

Well he was true addict to the end. He wanted a way out and found it. As sad as it is that is one of the outcomes of addiction. RIP Corey. You really had something, I only wish you could have known it.

Emerson

Oh well. Stuff happens... Hey, what's for lunch?

marsh

@41 Barbie...you are a judgemental idiot.The person who you have accused of molesting Corey was acquitted by the courts because there was something fishy with his accusers and their sick accuasations and I am so glad he is no longer here to suffer any more accusations and vicious attacks from sick people like you

Lee

Rest in peace in our Heavenly Father's memory until you hear Jesus' voice at the resurrection to "come on out" Corey! Much love and peace to your family and may God's Holy Spirit comfort you all in your time of grief. Your beautiful smile will be missed.
Lee

clydeanna

Gee, you think this has anything to do with Harveys comments on the show? Comparing corey haim to chasity bono. The only thing that would make Harvey Levin any happier would be for Chasity to die also!!!!!Harvey you are a JERK! You have forgotten that people actually have feelings, even famous people.

Ziggy

38yrs old...still a baby. How sad.

RIP Corey

Sophie

A really sad ending!!
I remember when I was a teenager and watched the movie The Lost Boys.My friends and I thougt that Corey was so cute and charming.
He was definitely a part of my teenage years and now he is gone,
too soon..

Fishsnot

It's sad, we've all grown numb to the overdosing of people. It just seems no one learns from other's personal shortcomings with drug usage. Oh well, another one bites the dust and time marches on.

Lynne

Not sad - predictable. I'm shocked this didn't happen 20 years ago! I'm so over this celebrity=drugs=death thing. Celebs who have it all but still OD is the ultimate in natural selection. INTELLIGENT, well-balanced people just don't need drugs.

Mookie

What the Hell is wrong with young Hollywood????? Everyone is dying!!!

Diva

Im deeply saddened by this loss. I understand it was expected of him since he was battling this disease, but nonetheless very sad. Corey Haim, RIP. And God be with his friends and family during this difficult time. WE LOVE YOU COREY HAIM! YOU ARE IN A MUCH HAPPIER PLACE NOW. THANK GOD THAT YOU ARE SO THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THE AWFUL AND CRUEL POSTS THESE PPL ARE WRITING ABOUT YOU.