Corey Haim: Doing 'Well' Before Death

3/10/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

We got Corey Haim just three weeks ago -- and when asked if he was sober, he said he had been "good for a while."

Corey Haim: Click to watch
Haim was out at Haute in West Hollywood on February 18 with longtime friend Corey Feldman, where he told us he was "doing well" and was looking forward to future film projects.

As we previously reported, Haim was found dead this morning -- the victim of an apparent overdose.

Anthony Tomei

Don't judge. Corey was hurting inside and you can see
that in the video. Some people can't handle those kinds
of emotions so they turn to drugs for relief.

He wasn't a junky, he was a human being with a heart
like anyone else, and passion for being in the limelight
one more time. R.I.P. Corey Haim

We Love You.

Jemma

Despite Corey's problems, he was a genuine,caring and good guy. Nobody can criticise Corey, he may have had his share of problems but he was always loved, by his fans, family and friends. RIP COREY.You will be missed.

Z

OMG! Wow, and I was just watching The Lost Boys last night...RIP!

Melody

So sorry and sad to hear that he died. But this report is not true. He had not been sober from prescription drugs for months before his death.

Dan da man

At first glance, I thought this was Chasity Bono!

Booger McGee

"Good for a while."

Addicts never lie, right?

deb

bless your heart baby

Robyn

Again I am devastated. Some people say he looks healthy and a little overweight. Lets not forget Elvis was overweight when he died. Prescription pills will make you bloated. RIP COREY and we will all see you on the other side.

a guy

Don't forget "Dream a Little Dream," one of his best movies.

cjs

He looked the BEST he ever has in a LONG time, he had some weight on, damn !

Belladonna

"good for a while" FYI: drug abusers lie everyday!

tmzismyguiltypleasure

maybe it was because of the way your pap treated him the other night...? "WOAH MAN I DIDN"T EVEN RECOGNIZE YOU!!!" nice, way to go guys

STACIE

This is so sad...I met him last year for my bday, and now this year on my bday he dies...He was the nicest guy to meet, and when i met him he definetly seemed sober...So so sad...i met his mom too, My heart goes out to her!

Melissa Ruttan

I am in shock! I am hoping there is some mistake....
Corey, certainly will be missed. Being from Toronto, I always like to show my support for Corey over the years, (plus I have had a crush on him ever since I saw him the Lost Boys) and continued to follow his career. I do hope he found some happiness over the years.

cochino

so the guy is seemingly doing ok and up comes TMZ to remind him of his demons and here we are..... smoooooooth

btw wtf is up with TMZ now? So many friggin ads and less and less content is bloating the site and making it harder to load.

Harvey hire better web peeps to keep things tight and fast loading

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments