Paramedics Rallied to Save Corey Haim

3/10/2010 2:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paramedics Rallied to Save Corey HaimA witness at the apartment complex where Corey Haim collapsed tells TMZ, paramedics -- who arrived shortly after 1:00 AM -- spent 20 minutes inside the apartment before carrying him out on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face .... suggesting Corey was still alive when he went to the hospital.

Corey was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital over an hour later.

dirty diana

investigate the doctors!!!

M

is there any comment from Corey Feldman yet? I grew up with these hotties and even went through the drug lapse with them. It is a sad day and my thoughts are with his family

Julie

When will these Stars ever learn they are just like normal people and you WILL die from drugs sooner or later.

Julie

When will these Stars learn they are not above dying!

Stephani

Don't they do that sometimes though? I thought if a person had just passed away that sometimes they take them out with all the life saving stuff attached.

I remember a lady dying in a local grocery store and she was dead before paramedics got there but they took her out with oxygen on her face

John

They most likely pumped him full of narcan and got something on the monitor and they hopped for the best.

capt andy

let me make this simpl;e for you dummies out there,,paramedics cannot pronounce anyone dead so they have to continue life saveing measures even if the guy is dead ,,and it looks good to the family if they are watching..even if he already is a slab...plus maybe there were a few hot looking chicks hanging around the paramedics were making time with.or maybe going through the room looking for some good drugs or cash or something to sell later on ebay

The Source

I am so completely saddened by this tragic news. Growing up Corey Haim was such a teen hearthrob for me, as I'm sure for many others. RIP Corey. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

jan

Corey Heim was a very good actor & seemed like a decent guy. Like so many he had a drug problem, but seems to have had it under control. He was very close to his Mom & you can tell a lot about a person in how they treat there Mom. My deepest sympathy to Corey's Mom & all his family & friends. I am truly saddened by his passing, I think he had a lot more to give to the world. RIP

cjs

Harvey, Mike, anyone .. has Corey Feldman been seen or has he issued a statement? He must be on the floor.

I was really pulling for this kid to make it, I can't imagine how his Mother and his life long friend are feeling.

Jane

I am so sad right now. He was trying to get his life right. I heard he had gotten engaged, too. Being a mom, I can't imagine what his mother must be going through. My thoughts are with her and his loved ones.

Yeti Lee

RIP Corey, at least now you can be with your career.

chicken head

I blame that PETA freak Corey Feldman!!! and his PETA freak whore wife!

debra

. Its sad that people want to assume the worst and TMZ is on the band wagon.
I just watched HLN and they had Corey Haim's agent on the phone and he said Corey was not using drugs, and that he was not feeling well and had a fever yesterday.
he also said Corey asked his mom to lay down next to him and told her that he was having trouble breathing at which time his mom asked him to roll over on his side.
it helped and they both fell asleep.
then Corey's Mom said she woke up because Corey was walking around the bedroom and he collapsed in front of her right after she woke up.
The agent also said that Corey was seeing an addiction specialist and was just placed on medication to help in his fight against drug addiction and that they had a doctor at Corey's house last night when he has the fever and the Doc thinks it could be a reaction to the medication.
whatever the reason I liked him and his work and its very sad that he is gone. he was only 2 years younger then me, and I grew up watching both him and Corey Feldman.
I am sad for Corey Feldman and for Corey Haim's Mom. the agent said she is just devastated and is not doing well at all.

capt andy

why was he still living with mommy..geeez what a loser.....kids nowadays need to get a grip and man up

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments