Conan's Tour

No Bread

for the Redhead

3/11/2010 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien isn't making a single cent off his upcoming 30 city comedy tour -- sources tell TMZ that Coco is doing the whole thing so he can employ his former "Tonight Show" staff.

We're told roughly 40 people have been hired to work on the production -- many of whom are "Tonight Show" alums.

The move is no sweat off Conan's back -- dude scored a $32.5 million severance deal from NBC before they kicked him to the curb.

And more good news for the crew -- tickets to "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour" are selling out so fast, more shows have already been added.

Clownboy

This is a thoroughly decent thing to do.

Very impressed.

eyeroll

Hopefully Conan can fit in free shows in cities hit really hard by unemployment. For those folks who would like to see him but can't afford tickets.

Darlene

ShAKING HEAD!!!

vulture

Please just go away Conan. You lucked into hosting a great show. Your not funny. And you were paid way to much to leave. No one cares, take a bow and leave. Please...

Pat G

Saw his side kick on Regis and Kelly...man, you are responsible for your own ratings if you want to stay on TV....don't blame anyone but yourself if you are not funny!

Trooper Tom

Conan is just plain NOT funny

realist

At $60 to $700 for a ticket in Vancouver BC, I'd rather watch reruns for free.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

CONAN EGO BOOST TOUR 2010....multi-millionaire wants to look BUSY, and in demand, get your tickets now....N O T !!!!!

Saxon

I've enjoyed Conan's show for years. The fact he's doing this for his staff is respectable. It's $89+tax for floor seats to see his Toronto show. At that price he'll be lucky sell any tickets at all.

Samantha

I LOVE CONAN! I'm buying my ticket as we speak!

Mel D.

I'd go see him if I could throw rotten tomatoes at him, but alas, the ticket prices are way too high to consider wasting such valuable fruit on him.

Jolene

Wouldn't it have been easier to keep his people employed if he'd just been funny on The Tonight Show?

Honey

Conan haters can sneer all they want, but the shows are selling out all over the country. He's doing the right thing by employing his people, and he's smart enough to capitalize on the goodwill that came from being a folk hero. If he had been given half the chances Leno was given when he started, he'd have done fine.

I've got my tickets, and I've little doubt it will be a fun, spontaneous show that captures a great moment. Haters can stay home and watch Leno recycle material for free.

KnowingLu