Charlie Sheen -- Ready to Cop a Plea

3/12/2010 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie SheenWith his arraignment looming and his show on the line, Charlie Sheen is ready to plea bargain his felony case in Aspen, sources tell TMZ. But we're told prosecutors are not that eager to deal, at least not right now.

Sources tell us Sheen would plead no contest to a misdemeanor, provided he would not do any jail time. He'd agree to probation and also agree to take anger management classes.

Sheen's biggest bargaining chip is the accuser herself, wife Brooke Mueller, who was under the influence during the alleged Christmas Day assault and is currently in rehab.

And there's something else. People from Brooke's camp tell us she would rather walk on hot coals than testify against Charlie and wants this case to go away, stat.

The fly in the ointment: We're told prosecutors feel they have enough physical evidence to convince a jury that Brooke's original allegations against Charlie are truthful, even if she's shaky on the stand.

Charlie's arraignment in Aspen is set for Monday. He'll be on the "Two and a Half Men" set -- with a sober coach -- beginning Tuesday to film the last 4 episodes of the season. Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller

Misty

Who Cares... So OVER Charlie Sheen.

sean dell

GO GET EM MASHEEN !!!!!!!

Kimposter

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll testify!!!!!!!!!!!Brook, Charlie who's the highest bidder? If no bids Bro's b4 hoes!!

JLS

Good luck, Charlie! What a bunch of crap this is. I will never vacation in Colorado again.

Kevin

Don't worry Charlie....celebrity justice will prevail again. Give it time. And we call this the American Justice System. Anyone else would be awaiting trial IN JAIL!!!

what

Since when did Kendra start liking newer d*ck versus old ones?

neilemark

Really a educative and informative post, the post is good in all regards,I am glad to read this post.

JRG

Why is everyone mad at Chris Brown for hitting Rihanna, but not so much at Charlie for hitting Brooke? Is it that we liked Rihanna and not Brooke? Or is there a race element to the situation? Me, personally, I don't like Chris or Charlie! Just wondering.

Bart

Good Luck Charlie!!!

Martinovich

I don't forgive Tiger and Charlie, because I have nothing to forgive them for. They did nothing wrong to me.

barb

Good Luck Charlie. I know you have had your problems but you have come so far over recent years. I'm praying that you and Brooke (after she gets clean and sober) will be able to build something good from all this BS.

Melissa

I don't think its that people were upset with Chris Brown over Rihanna and Charlie over hitting Brooke. It was quite obvious Chris beat the crap out of Rihanna. Charlie and Brooke on the other hand nobody saw bruises and just because she claimed he had a knife doesn't mean he had one. She was under the influence of something. I am not saying he was right by pushing, but two different cases.

Nix

This really irks me! Because Charlie Sheen is going to get away with it. He threatened to kill his wife with a knife held to her throat. Don't put it onto her even she may have been abit wasted, it happened!! He's had major anger issues before with ex wife.
Just cause he's funny on tv show does not mean he's innocent. Look at OJ who was so funny in the movie 'The Naked Gun'. This present wife, Brooke, is terrified of him and he's probably bribed her to change her story or drop charges. He should be in jail!!

I BE DARNELL

TODAY /TOMORROW /NEXT WK./ NEXT YEAR/THIS MAN IS A TRAIN WRECK. THERE WILL BE INNOCENT VICTUMS....PERHAPS SEVERAL. SHUT THIS MAN DOWN.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments