'Celebrity Rehab' Wants a Piece of DMX

3/12/2010 8:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DMXDMX is the #1 draft pick to appear on the next season of "Celebrity Rehab" -- that is, if the rehab people can somehow find a way to keep him from being locked up.

DMX's attorney, Gary Jenkins, tells TMZ reps for "Rehab" contacted him after X was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly violating his probation by using drugs.

Jenkins says the "Rehab" team is considering sending someone to DMX's next court hearing to speak with the judge -- just like Dr. Drew did with Jessica Sierra from "American Idol" -- to try and get X placed in their care instead of being locked up.

The rapper is currently being held on no bond and is expected back in court March 16.

DMX Mugshots

scientLOLogy

He should just move to Cali and get his Medical Marijuana card. Screw rehab with that hack.

KmVoss

I hope it happens. I'll be rooting for you DMX. Although there are inherent flaws with Drew's complete method, it can work!

al

I WANT A PIECE OF HIM...:)

karma

I hope for the best for you, DMX. Don't know much about you but your eyes are so sad and broken.
Is it me or is Dr. Drew a fame-whore?

Ricardo

I guess if you are just some Joe who violates probation, you finish your sentence in prison. That was the deal you made with the court: Screw up, back in. Now a guy named after a pair of mediocre sport shoes gets a celebrity Dr to intervene for him. *We celebrities take care of our own Judge.* Equal justice under the law? Right.

King

The suggesting I sent Dr Drew via MySpace a few weeks ago is a better candidate (BTW, Drew, his address is available on zabasearch if it's no longer in the LA phone book); DMX is a hothead who'll dominate the show like KeriAnn did this season.

oL0

He is too hardcore for that show. He'd choke a beeatch out. He seems like he has no restraints and doesn't take too kindly to demands.

SadSadSad

THIS is the face of mental illness......

dmx is a drugged out fool

why would anyone want to try and help this pathetic loser......let him kill himself with the drugs he uses....this will all be a waste of time, because the only use he will have for celebrity rehab is using them to get outta the slammer...let him go the way of thoose other druggies and junkie...ie: michael jackson , cory haim, tom sizrmore, dj am, anna nicole smith....if the idiot doesnt care about himself...then why should he think anyone cares about him.

TheDame

Please! The only reason DMX would do "Celebrity Rehab" is to try and escape jail time. Hasn't he been in quite a bit of trouble recently? If he wasn't a celebrity, he'd be in jail. He had plenty of opportunities to put himself in rehab, but he didn't. Now that he might actually spend some real time in jail, he wants to rehabilitate. If Robert Downey, Jr. can go to jail, so can DMX.

Darlene

Your joking Right???!!!

HangerAlley.com

Dr. Drew loves recruiting his druggies from the courtroom.

Le Woop

Yeah this dudes always on drugs. Haha I saw him at myst night club out here in scottsdale AZ and he looked like he was rolling face! Chill dude though, no doubt

Sandy

This is for #1~

How can you call Dr. Drew a hack?? He is an amazing man not only for what he does for such ill people, but also how much he cares about them in the process. You sir are a loser!

texangirl64

I love DMX, I hope he will get through this tough time. I don't think he needs the media attention in his business unless he he wants it there for making money.
Dr Drew goes on TV when it's all over with and talks about everyone, what happened to HEPA and privacey laws? I think what we see is what they want us to see but he continues to talk about situations of people, I don't care for Dr. Drew. I like my Privacey.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments