James Brown Did Not Continue His World Tour

3/12/2010 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There are reports that James Brown's body is missing from his crypt -- as in, stolen -- but TMZ has learned the Godfather of Soul never left the building.

James Brown
The morbid dispute arose when one of Brown's illegitimate daughters, LaRhonda Pettit, told a UK newspaper that the singer's body was mysteriously moved from the temporary crypt in South Carolina in an attempt to keep her from having another autopsy performed on the body.

Brown died in 2006 -- and Pettit had suggested foul play.

But a lawyer who represents 5 of Brown's children tells TMZ James is right where he should be -- in his crypt -- still dressed to the nines in one of his famously awesome "farewell" outfits.

Realusion

Yo, TMZ sup sup. Dogs, these pics are whack and chit. Chew know what i mean? Dogs, lets hit up some KFC, and get real busy and discuss this clown possie of people here that think MJ is alive. And chew know, dese peeps like think JB here is MJ, wtf, lets get busy with some 2x4s and take some of these hoaxors rite the trucK Out. Lets go sisters.

Darlene

Are the dead stars ever gonna rest in peace??!!!

Hmmm

Those are Whats different about these photo's!!!!!!!!!!!

pia

This is seriously disgusting, who thought of this Harvey? I see you have no respect for anyone dead or live. Please show some amount of decency and take this down.

amy

Two different outfits is because they have changed his clothes, there is just no other meaning- he can`t change them by himself....
I wonder how much they pay for those people who can do it.

Wanda

"I SEE DEAD PEOPLE"

jeff

I thought that was Herman Munster

capt andy

I bet the loser slob that had to change his clothes makes minimum wage heh heh.He could have picked him up and danced around with him and spun him around on his head like a top and filmed it.That would be great for youtube.....I would have at least broke off a finger or toe and sold it on ebay.
god im funny

jxtr

Please take down those photos. It is not necessary to show them to the public.

whatever

what the f*** am I looking at?

MissFinland

Like it was TMZ's fault Brown's funeral was open casket! Someone else made the decision to have an open casket and pictures taken. Read the article twice if you didn't understand why his pictures were posted there.

James Brown was such a great celebrity and star that his viewing is not disturbing. He was a legend and he still is. Say what you say...

menocomprendo

you know TMZ, James Brown family may sue you for posting those pictures. you better take them off quickly. you have no right to do such a thing. have one of your family members dead and a fool puts its dead body pictures all over the internet, tell me how you would feel about it? grow up.

Paul

I'm dead ?????? But I feel good,,,,, I know that I would,,,Hey !! Step back,,,gonna kiss myself

Meghan

Considering how long he's been dead...he looks good. Most living people don't look that well put together.

dd

THANKS FOR THE WARNING....THANK GOD MY KID JUST LEFT THE ROOM...I LOVE YOU JAMES, I LOVE YOU RONNIE BANKS::::rest in peace....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments