Urgent Care Targeted by Corey Haim's Mom

3/13/2010 3:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimThe L.A. County Coroner's Office may investigate several urgent care facilities that prescribed meds to Corey Haim ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Sources say Corey's mom, Judy Haim, told Coroner's investigators that her son had been going to numerous urgent care facilities to score prescriptions.

Judy told investigators she was so frustrated in the last months of his life that she called several of the urgent care facilities herself, inquiring why they would give her son so many pills. She said Corey would often get 60 to 90 pills per visit.

We're told Judy and a friend told investigators they would provide the Coroner's Office with a list of facilities.

Anita

People in pain are UNDERmedicated in our country because docs are so afraid of causing addiction to drugs.

This turkey simply abused the system. Where was his mother while he was growing up - THAT woud have been the time to step in and set limits.

Stop blaming doctors. If you ara ever in serious pain,believe me, you will be screaming for adequate relief.

staavi

A day in the life of an addict:

Chanelgirl

I met Corey when he was 29. He had flown to Miami to visit a close friend who lived in my building. He was one of the most pitiful insecure persons I've ever met. After spending an evening with him and his friend, I got up to leave, his eyes welled up with tears and I brushed him off because I thought he was a childish spoiled actor. Later I found out he was a penniless drug addict and I've never forgiven myself for not befriending him to give him the love and caring he needed. I will forever be haunted by the tears in his eyes. All he wanted was to be loved, to have a girlfriend and get his career back. I believe he was a tortured soul because he had been molested by one of Corey Feldman's friends as a teenager I feel was Michael Jackson, and he never got over it. Upon learning of his death Wednesday I have sobbed and sobbed, begging God to welcome him into Heaven so he can finally be at peace. I feel so badly for his mother and blame his death on the hundreds of doctors who enabled his drug addiction thru the years. They should all be held accountable and prosecuted. He was a sensitive sweet soul whose only danger was to himself. This is such a tragedy and a waste. He forever touched my heart. You are well loved Corey and I hope you are at peace now.

donn

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY losers---there are people who NOW cannot obtain legitimate pain relief because doctors are afraid to relieve their pain. go eat ur mom, tmz et al. leave our doctors alone. do you want to go through cancer after all this crap? well do you? with a doctor that will only prescribe precription ibuprophen 800mg? have fun when you are suffering.. and make no doubt about it, the end result is that many of you reading this will suffer without help or hope.
cancer sucks
pain sucks
cops investigating doctors sucks (instead of druggie individuals)

biologist at large

The sad irony is that people with real pain issues are consistently under-medicated because they don't know how to "game" the system- and addicts have no problem scoring because they are well-practiced at saying the right things, etc.

So, next time you have some teeth removed, or some jawbone shapening surgery (or anything that will cause extreme pain because of the cranio-facial nerves), or (true story) a complete shoulder reconstruction- and you are sent home with a couple days of essentially worthless Tylenol 3... just remember all the addicts out there that are gaming the system, saying the right things, to get a months worth of vicodin/norco's.

biologist at large

Sorry Courtney & donn. Your posts weren't up yet when I was writing mine. Must of been one of those "100th monkey" thing where everyone groupthinks. ;)

capt andy

this is a very simple case,,cory always wanted to be a banker and when he finally realized that he couldnt be one he killed himself..so please give to my new foundation I.A.W.T.B.A.B
(I always wanted to be a banker) for you dummies ....
remember its tax deductable......

Peep

To the Nor Cal Pharmacist, cinemashow - you are a pharmacist, not a doctor. Advising the reading public they can suffocate from the combo of benzos & vicodin is a lie. If taken in VAST quantities (IE; ABUSE) it can put you in respiratory depression leading to death and even then it would take a lot. ANY drug that is abused has potential serious or fatal consequences. Vicodin is addictive but you are describing it as if it is instantly addicting like heroin or crack, it is not. There are patients who take benzos for anxiety and if they become injured or have an illness that causes pain - this combination is perfectly fine until the latter is resolved. Stop spreading medical lies, you spot an interaction and suddenly you're HOUSE, MD.

Darlene

No point in her doing that! A druggie will find drugs no matter what, he had a drug habit!!!

Chenoa

WHY WASN'T HIS HEART CONDITION EVER DIAGNOSED DURING ALL THESE VISITS? I REALLY HATE EMERGENCY ROOMS & EMERGENCY MED PLACES. I ALMOST DIED A YEAR AGO AFTER BEING MISDIAGNOSED WITH A STOMACH VIRUS WHEN I HAD A BLOCKED PANCREATIC DUCT.

APART FROM THAT, I FEEL SO SORRY FOR JUDY HAIM. THE WOMAN IS FIGHTING FOR HER OWN LIFE AND NOW HAS TO CLEAN UP THIS MESS THAT HAS BEEN LEFT BEHIND, PLUS GRIEVE FOR HER SON. BLESS HER HEART!

capt andy

Posted at 11:39AM on Mar 13th 2010 by chenoa

sorry to hear that you lived,,now quit shouting you moron..NO CAPS

Vonslohnson

Chanelgirl, please go away. Your calling him "one of the most pitiful insecure persons I've ever met" is flat out insulting and does not honor his memory in the slightest. I've read countless other firsthand accounts of people meeting Haim that were genuinely touched by how friendly and kind-hearted he was.

I keep forgetting that all of the people who post here are oh so perfect, such paragons of model behavior. Quit your b.s. post mortem moralizing and let the man rest in peace if you can't think of anything positive to say. He was a kind and decent and talented person. This is wrong to be bashing him and his family like this. R.I.P. Corey.

kelly rollins

Im SO sick of people blaming everyone else for these addicts problems. How about taking some personal RESPONSIBILITY!!!
No one shoved those pills down Corey's throat but himself.
Its sad...yes. But quit pointing the finger at everyone else.
Corey killed himself.

gutsygirl

Personal Responsibility: Own it.

The Seer

Why the hell isn't there a NATIONAL SYSTEM DATABASE for prescription narcotics that would FEDERALLY require all doctors to submit controlled substance prescription ENCRYPTED NUMBERS to under their LICENSE NUMBERS to be linked to every PHARMACY dispensing these drugs?

If the Federal economic stimulus plan can give 200 grand to fund some assinine, useless study of "hook-up patterns of women," along with thousands of other meaningless and useless projects they fund, certainly they could fund a national drug database so people couldn't doctor shop.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments