Clooney's Cousin -- Bad Guy in a Bank Lawsuit

3/14/2010 1:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miguel FerrerMiguel Ferrer -- famous for playing the bad guy in a ton of major movies -- might need to hit up his famous cousin George Clooney for a loan ... cause dude allegedly owes a bank $142k.

According to a lawsuit filed this week, Ferrer -- who played evil roles in "RoboCop," "Traffic" and "Blank Check" -- took out a loan in April 2009 for $150k.

A few months later, City National Bank claims Ferrer didn't make a few payments -- so the bank exercised their right to collect the remaining $139k debt.

CNB also claims Ferrer has a credit card balance with them in the amount of $3,245.90 plus interest -- the bank claims Ferrer failed to make payments on that too.

City National Bank is suing for a grand total of $142,640.57 -- plus interest, costs and attorney's fees.

A rep could not be reached for comment.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis Twin

Shows how many people care about this guy. He's been up an hour and the only person to comment is Simone.

And not about Ferrar, Farrer, well, whatever his name is.

LH

Is this Debbie Boone's husband's father?

Missy

Miguel is the one who got Geroge out to act in Hollywood. I for one do CARE about Miguel!

Spongemommy

Oh I just loved him in The Stand! And I'm a huge Crossing Jordan fan...I think this one is one terrific actor and I sure hope this all passes over smoothly and painlessly for him. I sure know what it's like to be in debt. lol

Sloane

also enjoyed him in Crossing Jordan
hope we see him again soon-very talented

he is the son of Rosemary Clooney (George's aunt) and actor Mel Ferrer and Miguel bears a strong resemblance to his father Mel

if anyone is interested-found this info online:

Rosemary Clooney was married twice to José Ferrer, from 1953 until 1961 and again from 1964 to 1967. They had five children: actor Miguel Ferrer (b. 1955), Maria Ferrer (b. 1956), Gabriel Ferrer (b. 1957) (who married singer Debby Boone), Monsita Ferrer (b. 1958), and Rafael Ferrer (b. 1960).

LongJohn69

Jose's kid? Say it ain't so!

Not too much fun

That's really messed up, but, who hasn't had credit issues?...and especially in the last couple of years. He's a fantastic actor, but, he's one of millions of people who are also suffering from the terrible economy. Millions of people have lost their jobs and their houses. He's not alone. It's bad all over.

JustInTime

Just goes to show that no matter how much money some of us make, we feel compelled to spend just a little more... seems to be pretty common among celebrities as well. I really like Miguel as an actor, hope he gets it together! Learning to live within your means gives you so much peace and also ability to help others - give it a try, celebs!

RabbleRouser

I've enjoyed his work. Hopefully his cousin will bail him out, with all the money George makes it would be easy to get the monkey of his cousins back.

jackie

Miguel is a good guy, we have all had hard times the difference is that it isn't played out in the press for everyone to see.

digital

It's cyrano's kid.

Kay

I had such a crush on him on Crossing Jordan, just something about that man oozes HOT. His voice maybe, I dunno.

Kay

Plus, he is a good actor as well. I loved him on Twin Peaks too. Hopefully he gets his crap together soon. I'd like to see him on my screen again in a steady role.

Catherine

This is the sexiest, most underrated actor in Hollywood. Forget these pretty boys with perfect faces and all their red-carpet makeup; here's a real man. And what a voice...I'd listen to him read Mary Had a Little Lamb.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments