Weight Loss Company Targets Gabourey Sidibe

3/15/2010 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A weight loss company claims "Precious" star Gabourey Sidibe shouldn't be worried about her appearance ... but rather her health.

Gabourey Sidibe

AcaiSupply.com
is reaching out to the Oscar nominated star, noting that obesity is a "major epidemic" in the U.S. and they want to help her fight what they call "this terrible affliction."

The company is offering her a one year supply of the product in return for an endorsement -- provided she loses weight.

The CEO wrote a letter to Sidibe, urging her, "The only way you can reach your goal of someday winning that Oscar is by being active, fit, and most of all, healthy!"

A rep for Sidibe could not be reached for comment.

G2K (Good To Know)

I'd like to see her healthy if nothing else. For all of you Gabby haters, she had to have the self confidence to even audition for the role. Keep in mind, she had never acted before. She had never been on an audition before. That's like any one of us showing up at Staples the night of game 7 in the Finals, starting and scoring 40 points for the Lakers.

To listen to a lot of you on here, she should have never even tried and just given up. Her story should be an inspiration to all obese people and all people who are not Hollywood perfect but have talent and a dream.

peter

And this lazy fatty would actually have the discipline to stick to a diet? Doubt it - she's fat and it's the white man's fault

Darlene

Why wouldnt she want to lose weight??!!! Its better for her health!
If she weighs that now, she will be lucky to live to age 50!! ;oP

Jessica

SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE A BLACK SHREK! Put those little ears on her and she has her next role.

capt andy

maybe if she lightens up some she can look like halle berry..get it lighten up some..ha ha ha I am soo funny
I just saw halle berry in monsters ball..oh my god she was hot hot hot

Tres

". Blacks has always been thicker than white women. So even when Gabby looses her weight she wont be skinny, skinny."

NOT TRUE. RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. AMERICA HAS FAT ISSUES.

marge

Her decision. If she wants to remain the cute fat chick, then so be it. I'd hope her family and friends are advising her otherwise for her health.

hot snot

Dee - you are a moron, and can't even use the proper words or spell correctly. I hate when people blame lazy & fat on a disease or a "gland problem". Sister PLEASE. I suppose she is also just "big boned" haha omg, i am dying laughing. cushings disease? lol, knee slapping!

Amazing

I was watching a special from Dr. Oz on the Discovery Health channel and he put this guy on a diet that had type 2 diabetes and he reversed it. I did not even know you could do that! I did a lot of research on the internet and I changed my eating habits (I did not go on a diet), cut out the sugar, took 30 minute walks at least 5 times a week and low and behold the weight fell off.
__________________________________________________________________
I see this on TMZ all the time. It is "LO and behold."

Also, to TMZ staff, you don't arrive "to" a place; you arrive "AT" a place. I know it won't stop you, though.

seymore butts

CAKES and PIES, CAKES and PIES.......

Ana

Kudos to this company for having the guts to tell Gabby that she's fat and unhealthy. I'm sure her eating habits are atrocious; which is a learned behavior. Is her mother fat? Are the other family members fat? I hope this woman does decide to lose weight for her health. I hope she seeks the advice and guidance of a physician and a nutritionist.

JB

What the hell are you people talking about? 'she will never get another movie role.' This young lady already is slated to film for an HBO program. She's happy in her skin so there is no need for you to be concerned about her which I'm sure, you're not. It's her life and she has a right to live the way she wants.

Quinitia

She is such a beautiful and talented young lady, but will not live long carrying that much weight. For her own sake, she needs to take care of her weight as she is clearly obese - which will lead to many illnesses including an early heart attack. What Gaby needs to understand is that her size was what was needed for the role in Precious but there will not be many more roles calling for an obese character. I don't believe in fad diets but feel she needs to see someone who can help her get healthy.

Millie

Gaflabby, get back to Seaworld, Shamu is lonely in the big tank and whats his mate!

Joy

#98 Did you dare say that you are a psychologist? That makes you a doctor, right? From your rant, you seem like the doctor from hell. You and Dr. Murry are made of the same cloth - your medical treatment is really all about you. Hey, TMZ posters, if you come in contact with a doctor like #98, please run like hell cause your life may depend on it!