Family, Friends Gather for Corey Haim's Funeral

3/16/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim's funeral was held today at the Steeles Memorial Chapel in Thornhill, Toronto, Canada.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2

Corey Feldman, Haim's longtime friend, chose not to go to the funeral today, but posted this open letter to Haim:

"This is for you on the day of your funeral. First off I am so sorry I am not there with you today. By that I mean my physical body is not with your physical body. However you know that my heart is right at your side. You also know the only reason I am truly not there is out of respect for your mother and her wishes to minimize the media attention as much as possible."
[click here to read the rest]

Remembering Corey Haim

Tye Tanikk

Guessing from the looks of it, he was Jewish?
Go easy bro... RIP

HMD

Who does Feldman think he is? The messiah? Did he think the media would stay away just cause the second coming himself WASN'T going to be there? "Sorry News director, why should I cover the funeral when Corey Feldman isn't there?" get over yourself Feldman and stop trying to increase your time in the spotlight by capitalizing on the deaths of others e.g MJ, Haim.. who's next? Eddie from Frasier?

john

Feldman
no one can take you serious with that one stupid footlong hair in front of your face.
cut it off and grow up you are not 15 anymore that was haim's problem he never grew up

Down Town

This suck big time. The letter was great. RIP Corey Haim.

Julie

I loved Corey Haim, and I'll always wonder what could have been with his life and career...but Corey Feldman sure is milking this for all it's worth. :P He did the same crap when Michael Jackson died. He's just looking for an opportunity to get his face on tv again. If they were really that close, his mother would have wanted him there at the funeral. I think there is something deeper than just "we don't want press".

JLS

The ultimate friendship! Through thick and thin and then to crash and burn, it's SOOOO sad. Everyone seeks out a friendship like this. I'm sorry for his loss and the obvious pain in the aftermath.

whatever

wait, please tell me that Felman thinks he will cause a media frenzy...he's so 1987

JustInTime

Very sweet letter, but he sure managed to include a lot of ME ME ME in a letter supposedly written to someone else. I listened to the 911 call before it was taken down, and I think it should be REQUIRED LISTENING to anyone caught abusing drugs (prescription or otherwise). I would challenge anyone to imagine their own mother suffering like that, then continue on popping the Oxys and whatever else. It was heartbreaking.

Linda Lovelest

** What a friend. What a lame excuse. Just how much media attention did he think that HIS presence would attract? Corey Feldman you are a creep.

Star

Its really sad reading all the negative comments from idiots who think they know who Corey was and how Corey F isnt there. Of course there would be more press if Feldman was there they were best friends and saying mean things about anybody involved in this is just cruel. None of us know the sitution. Just be respectful with comments.. all the negative ones dont make sense anyway. RIP Corey you will be missed by so many!

Pearl

It is true that people tend to forget those that used to be in the spotlight until they die. I grew up watching his movies, and I really think it's a shame that he passed away without ever being able to make a comeback. Addiction is hard to beat, no matter what the addiction is. Nobody has the right to judge him. I hope that his family can find some peace after all of this.

k.m

HMD you are a complete loser. R.I.P. COREY that was a very nice letter from corey feldman. you can feel his pain in it.

unbelievable

Great letter from Corey F. But...sorta strange how he lambasts the media at the beginning of it then shares how proud his friend would be about being on the cover of a couple magazines.

Arnold

Best friend Cory Feldman and he doesn't even go to the funeral? WTF!

VegasDan

Hey Feldman, you should've been at the funeral of your best freind. There's NO EXCUSE! Anyone can write a letter, but to be there in person is showing respect. Also, cut that stupid ass piece of long hair or better yet tie it around your neck!