« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kentucky Wildcats Give Fan B-Day to Remember

3/19/2010 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The University of Kentucky Wildcats celebrated their thrilling SEC Championship victory last week with dinner and a cake at a local P.F. Chang's -- and then proceeded to give that cake to a UK birthday girl.

Kentucky

Rebekah Sams and her family were dining at the Lexington restaurant that night when her sister asked Patrick Patterson (above, in the grey) -- a star forward and Rebekah's fav player -- if he would come over and wish Rebekah a happy 16th birthday.

Patterson did three better: he got the team to sing her "Happy Birthday," gave her a signed ball, and gave her the team's celebratory cake. Wonder who's in her Final Four brackets?

Rebekah told us: "It's hard to imagine ever having another birthday that will be as memorable as this one!"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sounder

***as soon as he signs a big bucks contract with the NBA, she'll be on the news "He put his paw-paw in my pee-pee when I went to the ladies room...wahhhhhhh!"***

True.

This is how trouble starts. Of course he's a nice guy now. Most of our TMZ subjects were nice people until corrupted by superstardom. Star status destroys all normalcy in interpersonal relationships.

Now it's an autograph. In a couple of years, it'll be drinks at the club and a ride in the Ferrari. Then it's either pay me or I'm going to the police. Then he's right back on TMZ now characterized as a bad guy.

Darlene

Awesome!!!

Anj

What a great story! Shows these boys are growing up to be good men.

joec

blog.kentuckysportsradio.com has the full story on this - it is pretty amazing, you should check it out.

jhkhljkhj

input this URL:
(http://overstockes.com)
you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
(jor dan s-h-o-e-s)
(NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
(cha nel w-a-l-l-e-t)
(D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
(ed har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
(UG G b-o-o-t)

WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

L Gene Bartlett

Happy 16th Birthday Ms. Sams, Well Done Patrick Patterson, University of Kentucky has class & there athletes represent it on & off the court!

bleedingblue

UK Wildcats = full of southern hospitality and charm

Ronda

What a great story. Love Patrick Patterson! He is such a great young man. LOVE OUR CATS!! GO BIG BLUE!! Good luck in the NCAA. Refuse to Lose BABY!!

Jamie

janalal4

21. This is why I'm so proud to live in Kentucky and to be a CATS fan! Our boys in blue really showed some class. Go Big Blue!

Posted at 12:18PM on Mar 19th 2010 by Jamie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/19/kentucky-wildcats-birthday-cake-signed-basketball/2#comments#ixzz0idm0LNc0

I HEAR THAT!! I'm born & raised in KY myself & as soon as I read the story, I thought to myself "Well of course the guy is 'nice'; he's from Kentucky"! I thought EVERYONE was like that until I moved away from my hometown of Lexington. THEN, I realized that definitely is NOT the case:) Best people you'll EVER meet & beautiful place to live! Not to mention that if your from Kentucky, your just born with that Wildcat 'blue blood' in your veins. No matter where I roam, I'll ALWAYS be a 'Cats' fan!

The former shadow of WTC one.

Classy! This is the dif between gangster-ball (Florida) and colligate sportsmen.

Happy Birdday!

Tila is nasty!!!

cant wait to see the mild puss cats lose!!!!! boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol

Were on TMZ, we are everywhere. So very nice these guys, so much class. We are all supporting the Big Blue here in the Big Blue nation....Gonna get it...Go Cat's.

judy

So nice to read a positive story. Wish there were more of them.

UK Mom

Absolutely awesome. Way to go Patrick Patterson and teammates. Go CATS!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments