Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

3/24/2010 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Joe Jackson will send Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer a notice next week that he will be filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the doc for the death of Michael Jackson.

Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Lawsuit

According to California law, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice, wrongful death suit must give 90 days notice before filing the case in court.

Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson's lawyer, tells TMZ the suit will ask punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship). It will seek an unspecified amount of money damages.

Oxman says the case will be filed in L.A. County Superior Court. So far, only Joe has signed up, but Oxman says he will add any family member who wants in as a plaintiff.

UPDATE: Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, just reacted to Oxman's move by saying, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

Linda Lovelest

136. I'm anxiously awaiting the day that TMZ reports that Catfish was found bellyup in one of his whores beds.

Posted at 5:57PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Tellit

Actually, I don't understand why so many posters called JJ Catfish. Like what's a catfish. In what way, JJ is related to catfish. Like I don't get it. But I laugh every time he's called a catfish.

Posted at 6:04PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Daphne Lorincz
_______________

I coined this term for Joe Jackson on here way back in July '09. If you're a fisherman Daphne you would undoubtedly immediately see the very strong facial resemblance/& expression between Joe Jackson and a catfish.

meli070

62. Joe shows what a dirty scheming slimball he really is. Look at these charges! "punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship)" Puleaze!!! Michael HATED his father and wanted nothing to do with him.
How the hell can Oxman even begin to use those charges in a suit filed with Joe's name on it is beyond me.

If he were filing on behalf of MJ's kids then I could understand it and get behind it, but this is just ANOTHER WAY FOR JOE TO GET HIS HANDS ON SOME MONEY BY USING MICHAEL TO DO IT!

Murray will have no physician's license, no malpractice insurance, and no freedom because he WILL be convicted. There is no reason, other than pure greed by Joe, to file this frivolous lawsuit!

Posted at 3:05PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Seeker

I bet you think you're so smart, you're actually stupid.

a fan

The only thing Joe Jackson loves is MONEY.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And Brian Oxman, too. And MJ fans on FB are falling for his manipulation pretending to care about justice for MJ when all he cares about is using MJ's death to sue people for money. Money, money. Money killed MJ. And they are still sucking the bone marrow from his bones trying to turn it into gold. Make a list of them. AEG Sony The Jackson' brothers, the media, authors, everybody he ever knew is out for money except for like 5 people. I hope everyone who makes money from his death has that money hurt him just as much as that person hurt MJ during his life.

susie

Hey OhWell

Why didn't you notice that Joe was pregnant last June?

See the link posted by Tellit.

_______________________________________________

Going to see Rabbi Shmuley on Italian tv, new revelations.... more money.

Linda Lovelest

When X17 first put out these photos on June 26th they were in paps
sequence...they've been rearranged since then. In photo #11 Joe has
just finished taking the call from someone near by who told him to
stop clowning for the cameras...and like a deer caught in the
headlights he sombered up real quick and realized what he had done!
(after being told by phone!) Such an ignorant SOG.

Linda Lovelest

149. Going to see Rabbi Shmuley on Italian tv, new revelations.... more money.

Posted at 7:02PM on Mar 24th 2010 by susie
_________________

Miss susieq please give us an update on that interview!

Duh

I remember those pics of Joe very well. And Tellit is right - I live in Missouri and we have an overabundance of catfish, he looks just like one. Ugliest thing I ever did see. How he could be cutting up and laughing and giving people the thumb's up sign AT THE VERY TIME MICHAEL WAS ON THE AUTOPSY TABLE makes me want to vomit.

He won't see a dime from Dr. Murray, so expect him to go back to the estate and make another plea for why he should get an allowance. Pig.

danger baby

I dunno Claire, but this report claims the tape was probably removed at the same time that Murray and Alvarez cleaned up the room.

If anyone listens to TMZ live and finds what Claire is referring to, please report back on what was said.

**********

137. Hey did anyone see TMZ live yesterday? There was something about the securty tapes? The video wont play for me it keeps stiopping like a scratched disk??

Posted at 6:04PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Claire

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/10#comments#ixzz0j8h3pQfn

nan

clair..harvey said there are no tapes..he also said its just going to be manslaughter for sure, not murder two and he isnt so sure he will be found guilty..said it depends on how good the defense lawters are and who has the better experts

this is why i question who is paying these lawyers..in one breath they say he is broke good luck getting money..so who is paying them ..i hope it is the malpractice ins. and he runs out of cash

otherwise i am afraid trhe lawyers will pleabargain so they get their publicity but dont have to put alot of cash out

I want ya back!

Anything that gets the ball rolling is more than fine by me!!

Claire

ok thanks everyone but i thought there would be security tapes in such a big mansion of such a wealthy famous man??

vicky

I agree with lawsuit but not for the gain of Joe Jackson but for the gain of Michael's children Prince, Paris, and Blanket they are the ones that lost the most their dad. I know what it is like to lose your dad when that person is your world. Michael was their world. Murray should be made to pay alot he took a life. I hope that he gets more than a slap on the hand and told NO NO like you would a child.

danger baby

If I am not mistaken, these photos of MJ were taken in the month prior to his death (I could be wrong, as the caption doesn't state the year, but I seem to remember seeing them last year). It's a full length photo, showing MJ coming out of Dr. Klein's office. If I am right about that timeline, you can see how much weight MJ lost in just one month. In this photo, MJ looks healthy. A month later, after one month of Propofol, MJ had turned into a near-skeleton. Why Murray did not see the damage caused by what he was doing is beyond me. Kai Chase said the weight loss was immediately noticeable when she returned after a six week absence (thereabouts).

nan

tellit...thanks for the photos of joe .. i had fogotten what an absolute piece of garbage he is.. no wonder mj didnt leave him anything..i guess he stopped laughing when he read the will