Judge to Keyshia Cole

Are You Illiterate?!

3/26/2010 2:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Judge to Keyshia Cole -- Are You Illiterate?! Keyshia Cole was ripped apart by a judge in New Jersey yesterday -- a judge who called the singer's testimony "nonsensical" and then questioned her literacy.

Cole -- a platinum-selling artist -- was being sued by an event promoter who claims she blew off an appearance in 2006 after he paid her $15,000 up front.

The judge not only ruled against Cole, but she blasted the singer in her written opinion, saying Cole's testimony was "confused and at times nonsensical."

But the judge's biggest shot: Cole appeared so reluctant to read certain documents while testifying, "that it appears at times that she was not literate."

Eventually, the judge realized Cole was literate -- when Cole managed to read documents that she thought helped her case.

Ultimately, Cole was ordered to fork over nearly $160k in damages.

jessy

Actually I had a great childhood and I make about $55,000 a year and a happy-go-lucky type of guy.I always make it a point to go out of my way at least once a day and do something nice for someone.I have a great wife who makes about 35,000 a year and a daughter in college.My house will be paid off in 4 more years and I don't have 1 credit card.Soooooooo SMH.... care to try again?

heatherette

"Happy-go-lucky"? Really? And, you do something kind for someone at least once a day? Really? All of this and you still manage to come on this sight and spew racist and hateful rhetoric? You seem to be a walking contradiction.

heatherette

"Happy-go-lucky"? Really? And, you do something kind for someone at
least once a day? Really? All of this and you still manage to come on
this site and spew racist and hateful rhetoric? You seem to be a
walking contradiction.

Ziggy

Most singers and entertainers have never been to college. In fact most of them dropped out of high school. I wouldn't be surprised if most entertainers can barely read above a 6th grade level.

Judging by most of the people who comment on this website, a lot of people can't string together a proper sentence if their life depended on it.

heatherette

@ Missy Bobo, I think you are probably right. That said, I think that theory applies to African Americans AND white people. If we had photos to go with the comments, I'd bet we would all be surprise who is saying what.

dannijay

Sounds like Keyshia is black trash just like her mom and siblings, sounds like it's just in the genes.

blanket jackson

blacks built the pyramids rofl.......no, blacks provided the labor for the people who built the pyramids. u see in order to build them that required lots of math. since blacks cant read, math was certanly out of the question. ironicaly, nowadays you can starve black people by hiding their foodstamps under their workboots.

R.Zimmerman

11. @ barak obama... Lmao, fact is Africans were building Pyramids when white people were still living in caves.

Posted at 2:54AM on Mar 26th 2010 by OMG

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Umm, I'm afraid that's true in the most literal sense. They were building the pyrmids as a labor force -- not as the architects. Sorry to f**k up your moment of self-congratulation.

wandaingramjohnson

That's funny whoever called her a bioatch

Sara

LOL....Keyshia is a beautiful girl. Why would they use a pic of her made while she was singing to use as the pic for this article? LOL....

Denizio

Who is she?

thewordsmith

Unless their is prof that Keyshia Cole can not read English my opinion is that the people that published this trash articular are the real illiterates because they have no class.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3