Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

Leslie

Coming out now does make him look a bit pathetic and looking like he is trying to grab desperately for some attention. why come out now when everyone has already known for years? I agree with some of the posters above that it is 2010 and the fact that these celebs continue to remain in the closet hurts the general gay population. I think there is something to the fact that he is coming out now years after his career began to decline rather than during the "la vida loca" days. I think it would have been far braver to come out during the height of his fame when red state soccer moms were swooning over him and gushing about how much they wanted to sleep with him rather than now when all those fans have moved on. But I guess better late than never.

Flygirl

We still in love with him. Love u Ricky!!!!!!!

Ric

"Common knowledge" is not knowledge. Nice he came out with integrity.

Toni

So what Ricky! You're still a great performer, you're still a great singer, you're still Ricky Martin. Carry on!

tbos

Ricky, you shameless A**HOLE!

When you were at the height of your career, circa 1998-ish, you never wanted to come-out because it would have cost you a few dollars in sales! You COULD HAVE done so much to change the perception of gays in this country but money was more important. You even got married to cover up all the gay accusations at the time!

Now in 2010 you decide to come out? WTF, do you think being GAY will help you sell a few more albums in 2010?!? Grow some balls like Ellen DeGeneres, at least she came-out of the closet at the height of her career! She changed a lot of people’s perception and wasn’t scared of losing a few dollars.

PS. Your coming out party only made the last pages of magazines in a small little block of a column. Again, you have made no real contribution to the GAY perception in America because no one really cares.

Thanks for all your support in the past years and good luck with the all the iTune sales.

nursecory

straight male here. I have came across many blogs and comments from WOMEN made to ricky martin about how being gay is a sin. LOL i think that women are just pissed right now because he dont want vagina LOL. relax girls there are still plenty of other male photos to masturbate too.

Liche

No tengo nada en contra de los gay`s son personas comunes y corrientes y tiene derechos como todos los demas, pero que cagada ricky!!! ademas tantos y tantos rumores..??? para que ocultar lo que todos sabian..???' que marico eres..!!!

do not hating

coming out or not is his bussness,as a gay man has the right of being a singer or star.if he had admited he was gay long before.maybe his career was killed at that time.otherwise, he never hurted anyone.

do not hating

steve

Millions and millions of men all over the world just face palmed. This is not a surprise. THIS IS NOT A SURPRISE.

Women: Almost all of your pop idols, teeny boppy cute boy band singer types...um...just a thought...GAY.

rodin

so what would happen next to that " shake your bonbon" thing huh? now there are a lot of gays coming out, I'm wondering when would Piolo Pascual would do the same thing. hahahahahha

Millie M. Rivera

I think that you are a wonderful human being the Lord Jesus Christ loves tou very much. I am so happy you adopted the twins. It is a blessing from the all mighty God! God bless you and your family! Visit The Brooklyn Tabernacle just one time in your life. It will be another blessing to you. I'm very proud of you and you9 acoplishment all your work. Keep up the good work and search the face of th8e Lord then you will see man8y things you've never seen before. It's amazing I love you so does the Lord. God Bless stay sweet and humbkle.Love Milie Rivera Montalvo!!!

fabricio marins

ola gente love rick marntis by

S Than Htut (Burma)

Oh! Ricky, Don't be afraid of people who are always want to accuse you. You are great & I am proud of you for your truth & courage. I am one of your audience and I love your songs ...And good songs are not involved with the singer's own facts. Don't be depressed upon your viability. It's normal existence. It's not your fault. There are many people like you...You are not need to be sad. I don't hate you about that ...And i am always watching you at your improving ability. Don't care their words Ricky, I am always understanding you.God bless you,Ricky
From S Than Htut (Burma)

christal

from the first time i saw shake you bom bom i knew some man was tapping that ass...