Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

BGL

I think most people knew, but it's got to feel good to get it off your chest! Ain't nothing like living in the full glow of the truth! Congrats!

Mikey

If he's so proud to be a homo why did he try to hid it for years?

Hey Fruit Cake, everyone knew years ago!

oh yeah

God is not a fool. if he had intended for tow men to have sex he would have created another orrifice on the male anatomy. think people, let's take god out of the equation for now. do you think it makes sense for a man to put his genitals in another man's anus?
i am a woman, at times when i'm taking a shower, i so wht most females do,we put our finger ... to clean ourselves, at time i can feel a huge log of sh** just sitting there waiting to be released.
this is nasy people, God did not want man to put his genitals in a sh**hole. this is just plain nasty.

The one who knows

If your gay and you know it clap your hands.. seriously to all the stars that are hiding what everyone already knows just come out already.. WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT YOU.. STOP COMING OUT WHEN YOUR CAREER IS GOING DOWN THE HOLE. BEING GAY IS NOT THE NEW FASHION

Better Than You

HE BANGS! HE BANGS!

oh yeah

give your life fo Jesus christ.we all have our burdens and he wil give us the strengh to get through it. for you it may be the sin of homosexuality for me it may be something else. this is just wrong it is a sim. sodomy is not sex.

Me

I'm not concerned about that. I'm concerned that he's going to teach his children how to spell.

White Trash

Now if we could just get Robbie Williams to come out of the closet.

Jossy

Yeah! Congrats with the coming-out Ricky. It has always been obvious but who cares? Not me! Be happy with your kids and the love in your life. That's all that matters. XOXO

el-nora bolton

At the end of the day his PRIVATE life has nothing to do with anyone else........I do wish him and his children all the best...

markko

What happened to the story that he was spurned by a female hooker for having a filthy smegma tube.

Dave

It's not like we needed Gil Grissom from CSI to fill in those blanks for us.

Once white trash always WT

Thanks for coming out Rick. We had soooome fun. Maybe one day I will get the stones to do the same. Rock Hudson almost pulled it off. Maybe one day I will come out. Everyone knows but i am so gosh darn nice. Love you Ricky, georgie porgie Clooney

MommyWhatsADoucheBag?

Dammit TMZ! Reeeeaaaalllll Nice. You have totally screwed up my dream of being the ham in a Ricky Martin/Enrique Iglasis latin sandwich!!

Douchebags!