Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

oh yeah

sodomizing, wether it be between two males or a male and a female it is just plain wrong. it is an abomination to two men to lie together. i am saying this out of love. i hpe someone takes heed. there is a God. and there are rules tht we need to live by.

tto the person who stated that cleaning myself in the shower is nasty, i guess wipping one's ass is also nasty

Jay

Ricky, everyone knew it and we really don't care WHAT you want to have sex with, because we don't care about you. We couldn't care less, why would anyone care who you're naked with? I just feel sorry for your little boys being raised in a household pushing same sex, sex. I have grown friends that were raised by a gay male couple and they said being raised in that environment, the older they got as kids, seeing two men making out and sleeping together, REALLY messed them up. They've been in therapy their entire adult lives. They wanted to be straight and had attraction to women, but their gay dads kept telling them they were gay like them, so they had relations with men becasue they didin't want to "upset" their 2 dads. Pretty sick. Gays, you think raising kids in your households isn't messing them up, bit IT IS. My friends are proof. One of them tried to kill himself once he was so depressed and disgusted by his upbringing and same sex parents. If gays want to be gay fine, but DO NOT bring or raise kids into your household and lifestyle. NOT healthy for babies to be raised as something they may NOT be.

too bad it wasnt a bullet

THIS IS NEWS...KNEW THIS WHEN HE WAS WITH NENUDO...OLD NEWS AND IM SURE NO ONE IS SURPRISED!

sonja

Just another homo log to throw on the fires of hell, lol hollywood is an endless supply of kendeling.

BlueEyes

The hell you say!

Bob Buhbooey

I wonder if he's a "TOP" or a "BOTTOM". I'm thinking that Ricardo likes to bend over and take it right up his rectal cavity, extra lube.
Livin La Vida Pokah

TT

Shocking! NOT!!!!

sandy

#52 Does it also say in your Bible "thou needeth spelling lessons?"
Only God is perfect. The rest of us just get through life trying to do the best we can with what we have been given.LIGHTEN UP.

moonbear

Good for him. And for us. Each one who comes out also stands up against bigotry and for the truth of our lives.

Sue from Honey Brook, PA

Is this really Breaking News, we always knew this. I wish him nothing but the best! Must be a slow news day.

Crazy James

Brian N. Everett

He is Gay, and Michael Jackson was not? HaHaHa.....Go to MJ files Mystery of the Moonwalker, and there is the 1992 Las Vegas Sigfried and Roy and Liberace and the invwstigator tailing him to gay clubs......Crazy, why can't the public face these facts, "many of the talented people we like, are Gay", this is the way it has been forever...Grow-up and injoy the show.......We don't demand that sports stars are the same race as us. [people did in the past]

Rameses

I'm not proud and won't come out.

Ella

No big deal. I always liked Ricky Martin and this doesn't change a thing, nor is it a surprise.

P.S. See, Mario Lopez? It's ok! Come on out!

Cappy Lills Kid