Speidi -- We've Given Ourselves Indian Names ...

3/31/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has altered her identity yet again -- sans plastic surgery this time -- after she and Spencer Pratt decided to give themselves "true native-American names" in an effort to become more spiritual.

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt
So ... goodbye Heidi and Spencer ... hello White Wolf and Running Bear, respectively.

A rep for the couple tell us Spencer decided to give up his previous moniker, King Spencer, because it was "too much of a burden to have to carry the weight of royalty. "

Instead, Running Bear claims, he and Heidi "are getting more in-tune with our spirituality ... and will be known as the name our creator has given us – our true native-AMERICAN names."

yup

This is too close to April Fools Day to believe this story.

Darlene

who cares!!!!!!!! ;oP

Terri

I am a Native American and I really don't want those two fakes trying to spice their lives up by sticking their fakes selves into our world. For some reason just to hear that they had given each other Native American names made me feel sick to my stomach and want to cry a little for all Native Americans. Can we truely be honest here in saying "Haven't we all suffered enough as it is"!

KimberlyKay

OMG I sooooo hope the Native Americans see this and ask for a big ole' cash settlement. These two rejects are in no way even close to being American Indians. Are they even Americans - hope not

trish

heidi and spencer dont know the true meaning of native american and what comes with it!!!!!!!!!!

Lew

What actually makes me a little mad is I think these two douchebags do and say defiantly stupid things for their own amusements. For some reason, the stories get published. It's like they're trying to prove that the real idiots are the people who consider this bullcrap newsworthy. At least, that's my best-case scenario. Considering that most people don't want to be loathed for any reason, Heidi and Spencer are probably either sociopathic or emotionally-damaged...Back to ignoring them.

me

what made them think to come up with native americans? being native american myself ALGONQUIN AND CREE!!! it makes me wonder!?! i dont even have a "native american" name like that, i have a normal name!!! HA! silly white folk!!!

Lori

Thunder Thighs

Brainless, talentless, fame whores.

Go the fuck away.

tom terrific

Running Bear loved Little White Dove (Johnny Preston, 1959)

Running Bear loved little White Wolf (Speidi, 2010)

Vicky Bershok

I am totally insulted. I have some Cherokee blood in me. Not a whole lot but enough to be proud of it. Heidi and Spencer need to get REAL lives. Please quit reporting about these douche bags.

CD

hmmm seriously i think the silicone has gone to heidis head. i always knew spencer was crazy but heidi seemed kinda normal at one point. ugh i still hate them both. they are delusional talentless morons. thank god the hills is ending cause then we will never hear from these losers again.

Thunder Thighs

Lindsey Lohan is NORMAL compared to these fruit loops

jsstevens

These two will do anything for publicity. White wolf and Running Bear? More like Screaching Dingo and Black Rat.

GAG

That is absolutely ridiculous and highly offensive to anyone who is even slightly Native American. They obviously know nothing about the Native American culture, how the Native American names are given, or the meaning behind them. These two are disgusting and I really wish places like TMZ would stop reporting on anything that they do. They're fame whores who'll stop at nothing for just a tiny bit of attention. Pathetic!

mellow

Who are these people? It is like a real life version of South Parks Cartmans mom is a dirty slut.