« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike Resurrects Tiger's Dad for New Commercial

4/7/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods is being scolded by his father from beyond the grave -- in a new Nike commercial that can only be described as an artsy PR effort to humanize the golfer.

In the ad, Tiger stands stoically as the voice of his deceased dad, Earl Woods, urges his son to reflect on his life.

As we first reported, Tiger shot the commercial on March 25 on the Isleworth Country Club golf course in his neighborhood in Windermere, Florida.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

danger baby

I will never EVER watch this crap. Nice try, TMZ.

me

I don't like it. It's creepy. If they wanted to do that..it should have been a personal thing for him...not the public. ugh...

Their gonna make that guy nuts.... thats crazy.

Jennifer

inurtrash (41) You're right. It appears Tiger Woods is a (male) whore who will do anything for money. Disgusting. I would have told them to keep my deceased parent out of it, if I were him. He has enough money to last him for the rest of his life. There's no need for all this. The guy is a super greedy SOB for fame, money, and women. He should let Elin go so she can live a normal life.

Lee

I like this, it speaks loud and I hope that is his father's voice for a number of reasons. One, if he listens to it (which he will), his dad can help him a bit from beyond.

The secondly, for the youngsters out there who know all this, it will send a message loud and clear.

you know people, Tiger has a big opportunity here for the young folks. He screwed up badly, but life can go on and it can go on with morals. he can show some of the kids that you can clean up your act and you don't have to lie and sneak.

We will see, but I hope he does rebuild and with him rebuild a bunch of broken kids. Not what his first intent was, but it would be a worthy cause.

Thunder Thighs

this country is so F___ked up. With all the shit going on we pay attention to a douchbag like this fuck up. But Nike finds it find to stop at nothing to make a buck. Just messed up!!

MRT

I am impressed by how much "depth" Tiger Woods' character has: how much lower can he go?? Do they have direct flight from Florida to Scandinavia? Elin should look in to it. She is married to a first class manipulator.

OK

Why are his lips soooooooooo HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????

Ah. These Africans.

dave

Love it. Great spot, and appropriate for a starting, "welcome back" commercial.

dd

OK OK OK, I am on team Elin, but I also lost my dad, I lost mine overnight he wasn't even sick. I think this commercial is real and I think his dad would approve. I lost it after my father died, maybe Tiger did too. He needs to get back with his sisters and re-evaluate his life. When you see your dad in a coffin, it's hard to take...I know, it knocks you off your feet.

USA

Wow! Tiger and Nike are SHAMELESS! Tiger's dad was a really good father, he would probably be very disappointed in his son. Not only for his indiscretions, but for his insatiable desire for $$$. Isn't $800 million enough? He's acting like the women he dated!!

J

Yeah, this will really impress the six people that don't know that Earl was as big of a playa as Tiger......

roonie

PR BS--GEEZ, TMZ, YOU SEEM VERY ANGRY..LOL--YOU KEEP COMPLAINING AND LET NIKE CONTINUE TO DO WHAT IT DOES BEST--WHAT TMZ, WHERE YOU SHOCKED BY THE WARM WELCOME HE GOT AT AUGUSTA, YOU GUYS LIVE IN YOUR OWN REALITY, AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH VENOM YOU PROMOTE TOWARDS HIM, HE WILL CONTINUE TO DO WELL AS LONG AS HE'S STAYS HONEST WITH HIMSELF, BTW, MOST PEOPLE AREN'T--LIKE YOU(TMZ), YOU ARE IN DENIAL--MAJORITY HAVE FORGIVEN HIM--

RobN

Geebus, using the dead dad to resurrect his image. That may be the most disgusting thing he's done in this whole mess.

sam

Considering his father led the same life style, it seems like a bad choice to do the commercial...he Dad might be saying "how could you possibly get caught"....

Joey

Holy crap, I've got to go take a shower now. That was beyond creepy. I've lost any respect I had for Tiger through all of this, but shame on Nike to use a dead man's voice to try to boost the public image of this man-slut. This is disgusting.