Heather Locklear

Arrested

for Hit-and-Run

4/21/2010 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

092908_heather_locklear_ex-1Heather Locklear was arrested for hit-and-run last Saturday ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ at around 4 AM, someone heard a crash near North Ranch Country Club in Westlake Village, CA.

The person who heard the crash didn't call the Ventura County Sheriff's Department until 7:48 PM that night.  Deputies went out to the area and found a knocked over "no parking" sign and obvious signs of a car that went up the curb, striking the sign.

Deputies confirmed through investigation that the car in question was Locklear's black BMW.  The collision was very close to Locklear's home.

Deputies then went to Locklear's home, saw damage to the BMW that was consistent with the collision, and arrested her for hit-and-run. A court date has been set for May 17.

The offense is a misdemeanor, so Locklear was not taken into custody -- just cited and released.  An official from the Ventura County Sheriff's Department tells TMZ a hit-and-run citation constitutes an "arrest."

Back in 2008, Locklear was arrested in Santa Barbara for allegedly driving under the influence of prescription medications.

She ended up pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving and was placed on three years informal probation.  A Santa Barbara prosecutor tells us he's looking into the latest incident, which could be a probation violation.

UPDATE:  Locklear's lawyer, Blair Berk, tells TMZ, "Ms. Locklear was cited with a misdemeanor traffic ticket as she is the registered owner of the vehicle.  She was never taken into custody.  The matter is still being looked into as it is not yet clear who was driving the vehicle."

Josh

How can they prove she was driving? No way could this charge stick.

todd

Really !! This is news ?? TMZ is bored....

Ken

I live in the area near North Ranch Country Club. At about 7pm on Saturday, coming back from dinner, I saw the sign knocked down and part of a car bumper on the ground, too. It is in a very exclusive area. A road with lots of blind spots and poor lighting at night. Neighbors are always complaining about fast drivers in the area. I figured some kid lost control of his car. But, no. It was some old actress that lost control .. small world.

Ken

I live in the same area. At about 7pm on Saturday, I saw the sign knocked down and part of a car bumper on the ground as I drove by the accident spot. Funny, had no idea who did it. Figured it was some crazy kid. But, no it was an old actress. ... LOL

random

@Ken - Yes North Ranch CC is very dark and desolate area! I used to take my daughter when she was a teen years ago to the CC for friends bdays and their homes and I always drove super slow because of how dark it is up there!

Even the NR Park is even worse and my daughter used to tell me to drop her off at the park to meet her friends - I said no real quick once I pulled up and could see nothing.

No one knows what happened and Ava was could have beed with her Dad - who you all remember was arrested for a DUI in daylight with his daughter and niece (I think or cousin) in his car!

Anyway - WLV is exclusive and very very very picky with their laws....and I know this because I worked for a realtor who sold homes in that area so I learned that it was for a reason of WLV.

Gia

She looks awful, has put on weight, her face is puffy and she's smoking too. The woman is just letting it all go. Sad.

CaliWriter

How the F**K can you hit and run a f**king sign in the street. Did the sign file a complaint or they put the sign in the hospital come the F**k on....only in california, some people in cali are so damn dumb it's pitiful.

Throwback kid

Has she been taking driving lessons from Halle Berry?

SoCalRazzles

I bet she was texting and driving. Clearly against CA law...

samantha

To #75, SoCalRazzles, quite casting aspersions **** face!

Starlet

For some reason I feel sorry for her why is she not getting the right care?She seems to be a very lost soul that needs special care and she isn't getting it.Please someone get her the loving care thatshe requires I don't want to hear that God forbid that she is dead.

Elizabeth

She ran back and forth last year in (Santa Barbara) on a pair of sunglasses on East Valley road..(.Montecito )Our local Djs made fun of her and did a reenactment...She got off scott free as well as Gary Collins driving crazy in a moterhome with 3rd DUI...Cheers to Santa Barbara?

carol

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD. A R R E S T ED for hit and run of a SIGN. YO, TMZ, YOU ARE SOOOOOO PATHETIC....what??? slo day. arrested for hit and run of a sign????????????---------------------

smurfette

WTF.. She hit a STREET SIGN!!!.. Should she have called 911? Do you think the sign is gonna make it? What a joke..slow news day clearly

Criss