Lindsay Lohan

Dumped from Film

4/24/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0422-lindsay-lohan-ex-tmz-01Lindsay Lohan was axed from a movie because she's not "bankable" -- this according a source connected with the production of the flick.

Lindsay was slated to star in "The Other Side," a movie about a grad student working on a deserted island.

David Michaels, the writer/director, tells TMZ, "Our team simply chose to move on from Lindsay and we'll soon be announcing a replacement."

But sources connected with the film tell us the people financing the film were skittish about relying on Lindsay.

The movie also stars Woody Harrelson, Giovanni Ribisi, Dave Matthews and Alanis Morissette.

And there's this twist ... at one point Brittany Murphy was attached to the movie.

Lindsay's rep had no comment.

BTW -- Lindsay was out at Chateau Marmont and Trousdale last night. Photo of her leaving below. Not too difficult to understand where Mr. Michaels was coming from.

b

@ gimmeabreak
I read your comments. . .you must be this girl's mother- that was obvious. Maybe you should try to enroll your kids in school. I think they've had enough of Hollywood.

MooseNJ

Lindsay should reprise the role of Karen Ann Quinlan, on screen, then off screen.

jane

Instead of bashing this very sick girl (she's 23) someone, publicist, friend should do a 72 hour hold on her and get her help. She is going to die and Lindsey you have Allie to think about. My brother died from heroin. I've never recovered from it. I lost part of me. Your mother is an assh###. Any mother that had her kids interest at heart wouldn't bash their father no matter how big an idiot and she wouldn't go around saying Lindsey is fine. Dina Lohan is a disgrace as a mother and human being. For God's sake, doesn't she have one decent friend in her life that cares enough to help her? This could be any of our children.

BigBrian

Can anyone remember when she was fameous for something other than being a drunken mess?

dina

If the movie industry would continue to reject and dismiss these alcohol and drug abusers from films,maybe they would stop doing it.They are all the worst models for oung people today and should not be making movies.Linsey is one of the worst butnot the only one.

nastynorm

THIS GIRL BELONGS IN A RUBBER ROOM.

Msmassflex

I saw her in "Freaky Friday" or another film she did before the downhill spiral. What a sweet little girl. I have a 23 year old daughter. I do not understand where this child's mother is. How can you not intervene? I don't care how old she is, she needs help and you are the only one who has authority (moral, at least) to do so. And you let your 16 year old visit? Terrible situation. I hope we don't read about her death. THIS IS REALLY ON YOU DINA. Ashley's next.

E

is she vomiting in her bag???

N

Okay.......what else is new? Her career been over since 2005. She's a trainwreck crackhead!

Kooky2

She should be forced to read the biography of Dana Plato. This is how she'll end up. She won't make it to 30.

imaxfli

WOW,...what happened to this once pretty young girl...she ages 5 years for every 1.

frombelair

lindsay come on hun, you gonna loose a lot, get serious, what are you gonna do if you loose showbiz ? get back to work hun...quick before it`s too late..

ladyofargonne

It's the stealing from a friend allegation that pushed things over the line.

Simone

I like Kooky Klown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KZinmetry

ok - they say that an addict has to hit rock bottom before they find help (or forced into getting help) - well, maybe Lindsay's on her way...I sure hope so before something tragic happens.