Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

4/24/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_EX_TMZ_01Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Jeff Keith

My second cousin died from a similar incident, but her brain stem was severed from being hit by a car, Bret has a chance ! I will pray to the end regardless !

Jeff Keith

AND when he comes out of it, maybe Poison will let me play a song with them on guitar !!

sandy

yes of course jeff everyone has a chance. though my husband is severly disabled. and i also will pray for him until the end and after when everyone forgets about him if his is disabled and out of the public eye. when the family is confronted, if they have not already been, with the decision of would he want to live being very disabled or to let him go. my advice to the family is, it is possible the disabilites will not be as severe as thought by doctors, though of course there will be disabilities. do not let him go. when you see him smile at his daughters and they smile back, you will know you made the right decision. much love to you, i offer extreme personal experience and years of knowledge of this subject. God Bless.

Dave

Glad to hear Brett is doing some better and talking. I hope someone talks to him about his soul, and Jesus, and getting ready to bow before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! We will all have to stand before God someday! Rom. 14:11- It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" Are you ready??

donna

I'm praying for you bret. and will keep praying for you

gloria

you are here for a good reason and part of it is your music. the other part is yet to come. and i am praying for you with all my heart that you do get better. and don`t give up your spirit to the illness. let your beautiful spirit and control your illness. you have what it takes.open up and see the world with your beautiful eyes,you will come out of this. praying for you with all my heart love and hugs g.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15