'Two and a Half Men' -- All in the Family?

4/26/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Should Charlie Sheen decide to leave "Two and a Half Men" -- and we sincerely doubt that will happen -- his uncle, Joe Estevez, knows who should replace him: Joe Estevez!

Ed Meyers, Estevez's rep, tells TMZ he will go to Chuck Lorre, creator of the show, and pitch him the idea of Estevez taking on the role. The idea would be that Charlie's character has gone missing or overseas (details on that part are sketchy) and Joe would play the role of his uncle. Hardly a stretch.

Meyers says that Estevez wants to save the show "for the good of the family." He's willing to take on the role for as long as Charlie is out -- which Joe thinks might be for good.

We doubt Joe will command Charlie's hefty salary, but it's worth a shot.

Ann

Joe or Charlie, who would you rather?

Joann

I like two and a half men and have watched it since day one. Let the uncle take over for awhile. Charlie needs to take some time off anyway and get his act together.
Why should the other cast members have to suffer being out of a job just because Charlie is a screw up.
Once he sobers up, as much as he can, then divorce the wife he can return to the show. He'll need the money for child support and alimony.

Charlie should definitely NEVER, EVER think about getting married again. He's obviously not the marrying kind. Charlie....take a cue from George Clooney.

CriticAl

OMG. What a shameless opportunist. Unbelievable.

ChorizoSupreme

Yeah, I see the potential! Maybe Gary Busey can be Joe's stunt-double.

Bobo Frog

Wow...Joe looks a lot like his Dad, Martin Sheen.

MrsBeasley

Wow, what a special uncle. NOT!! Charlie Sheen is a loser and always will be. Its unfortunate, but true. To all you men and women who have bedded him, just damn. Death wish much? You know he has to have every cootie known to man. Thats just disgusting. Animals...nothing but animals.

Cheryl A.

Oh my, Taking the STAR of the show out and replacing him with his Uncle sounds weird, at best. The show should be going off pretty soon anyway or they should re-name it "3 Men"

Maria

Wanna see hot girls on webcam try ChatRoulette ! Is free, the hottest thing on the internet !

Andrew

Joe Estevez will kill the series "Two and a Half Men" just like his past movies "Soultaker" and "Werewolf" that were on MST3K.

pizza

Somewhere in the comments archive I predicted this would happen. Uggh.

sistaelle

he should pitch the idea of playing charlie as if 20 yrs in the future..

spikewebbe

Ilove Two and a Half Men; started watching the show when I first got married and I'm still watching the show during my divorce. I'll miss Charlie on the show. By the way, what's Emilio doing these days, maybe he can take over and be Alan and Charlies long lost brother.

jxtr

It's not going to work. The current cast has great chemistry together. If one character is permanently out or replaced, its not going to work. You would have to change the name of the show.

spikewebbe

To jxtr: I was joking. I love this show and I think Charlie Sheen leaving the show will ruin it. They'll probably had to cancel the sitcom; I'm not even sure if the characters of Alan and Jake can continue the program. The show isn't as funny and witty as it used to be but it's still a decent and edgy sitcom. I'll miss this show if it's taken off the air.

JeffinMass

I will always watch "Two and a Half Men" in reruns. That is where I got to know the show and that is when Charlie did his best. True, he may have been an @%# &&$% outside work, but that's the American Way. We seem to do our best when we are getting paid. Charlie was paid lots of money. "Two and a Half Men" is a very successful franchise because of the writing, producing and the actors. Yes actors because that is what they are. Charlie is a true actor because he always showed up and did the show for many years. Outside the show is another thing, but, be thankful we are not watching a reality show with him. I hope that he gets the therapy he needs but it is all up to him. He needs to "want the it
to overcome it".