Trump: Bret Michaels in 'Big, Big Trouble'

4/26/2010 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump tells TMZ Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage back in 2009 -- where he hit his head -- may have something to do with the recent turn of events, though we can't confirm this from Michaels' people.

helen

let's get real here people. Bret is first a HUMAN BEING~whether you like his music, or him as a person, put that aside, and prayer for the HUMAN BEING~GOD Speed to you Bret:)

will

maybe he was poisoned

Kendo

I am a big fan of Donald and Bret. Both are very good people, very intelligent men. I have been watching Apprentice, Bret has been the BEST competitor this season, hands down. This is a very creative and intelligent man. He runs circles around everyone else combined. I have said from early on that he deserves to win this season.

Bret, a very nice, down-to-earth guy. Those of you talking smack about him and Donald are the same LOSERS who criticize Michael Lohan for trying to save his daughter's life. You really need to grow up sometime. It's pathetic.

Prayers and get-well-wishes to you, Bret. I highly admire that Donald has a good heart and truly cares about this awesome dude!

I'm praying for a miracle for Bret. He deserves it. Much love.

jc126

We're all pulling for you to get better, Bret! Keeping our fingers crossed.

momof1

Sadly I don't thing the prognosis sounds good. A family friend just lost their 16 yr old in Nov when he suddenly collapsed on the football field. He had a deep brain bleed and nothing could be done. He was on life support for 2 days (brain dead) and then was removed after organ donation.

Ruding

Thank you Donald. I'm sure if you were told this extremely private information, that everyone in Bret's family and team his appreciate you blabbing this to the media! good job baldie!

Ozzie X

Oh man I forgot about him getting hit on stage it was funny at the time but I hope that's not the cause.

cjs

I told my husband that from get go, that I wondered after such a huge hit on the head was this something that was dormant then he goes "under' for surgery and gee 10 days after, this? Whatever happened, it is a sad state of affairs.

mcmezzo

Keep up the good fight, Bret. We're rooting for you to get better. You've proven to be a great competitor on The Apprentice.

teet

Broadway, can you say "lawsuit"?

EJP

The Tony Award incident occurred almost a year ago. I'm no doctor, but I would think that if that had actually contributed to his condition, he would have been in the hospital a lot sooner than now.

kim

IMO there is nothing wrong with what Donald Trump said. I suspect it is the truth, and not the what the '' spin doctors'' over at Bretts company want the public to know yet. Bottom line is Brett has suffered a hemmorage, he may or may not pull through, and if he does survive, he may have a long recovery ahead of him. Who cares about he said /she said. Let's all just send some positive energy and healing light to Brett.

Nancy

I am praying for Bret, his daughters, his ex wife, his parents and all his other family members. Bret is a good man. Stay strong.

C

Think you are so nice! Praying for you and your family. Get well soon.

Moppie

Trump is right. That ENORMOUS thousand pound stage prop landed on his head and knocked him down. This could have injured a blood vessel in his brain which has now started to bleed. The smoking and the diabetes added to the problem but the initial impact of that blow was the beginning.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments