'Seinfeld' Star In Car vs. Bike Collision

4/27/2010 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0427_jason_alexander_EX_Getty_01UPDATE: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Alexander was not "at fault" for the accident.

As for the condition of the kid, we're told he has a slight laceration on his head -- but he'll be OK.

TMZ has learned "Seinfeld" star Jason Alexander was involved in a car vs. bicycle collision in L.A. this morning -- but fortunately, no one suffered any major injuries.

Law enforcement sources tell us the bike rider is a 14-year-old boy who was on his way to school -- when he collided with Alexander's vehicle.

We're told the kid fell off his bike and suffered a few bumps and bruises. An ambulance arrived to the scene -- but the kid's parents decided they wanted to drive him to the hospital for evaluation.

We're told speed was not a factor in the collision -- neither were drugs or alcohol. Jason was not cited for the incident.

We're told Alexander "acted responsibly" after the crash -- and exchanged information with the kid's parents.

We spoke to Alexander's rep, who told us "Jason stayed with the cyclist until the paramedics and police arrived and all indications are that the injury was minor."

Coolbeans

Lloyd Braun or Syd Farcus wouldn't have done this! SERENITY NOW!

KristinaLA

to quote Jason's character on Seinfeld: "Serenity now!"

anony

Jason -- stay out of the handicapped spot!

E

so what about any damage to George's car??? Kids ride their bikes with no regard for anything and then when they run into someone's car and do a couple of grand in damages, it's like, "Oh, sorry". Sorry is nice but fix my damned car!!

friedlinx

First its the pigeons, than a squirrel, now this.

Everyones~A~Star

Its nice to see a responsible celebrity.

Roger

I heard Jason ALSO has a previous record of running over pigeons AND hitting a squirrel.

Pete

I just hope the Jon Voight car is okay.

NotJustAnotherName

Dammit Jerry, if I hadn't been thinking about my upcoming architech class tonight, this wouldn't have happened, LOL

Justin

Finally, a celebrity who isnt a complete douchekin.
Bravo Jason. Now get back to acting!!!

NotJustAnotherName

Dammit Jerry, if I hadn't been thinking about my upcoming architech class, this wouldn't have happened....LOL

Richnwealthy

Can the young celebs of today take notes on what it means to be responsible from Jason... hope there both well

niles

Yada, yada, yada...you can can't bet Kramer was really behind the wheel.

washout22

George needs to put down that Glamour magazine and watch the road.

samantha

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home, so please leave a message after the beep. I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone, where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home..."

George isn't home because he's out hitting bicyclists with his vehicle LOL. Just kidding, I absolutley love Jason Alexander, and think his character on "Seinfeld", is timelessly jocular and entertaining.

"Seinfeld" is the pre-eminent sitcom, as far as comedies are concerned IMO. Jason Alexander was such a integral part of that show's success. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments