M.I.A. Kid Explains Gun to the Head in Video

4/29/2010 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

12-year-old Ian Hamrick gets his head blown off in M.I.A.'s new music video ... and he sounds like a 50-year-old philosopher as he explains why he let someone put a gun to his head.

As Ian and his mother left Jerry's Deli in Studio City, the ginger explained that the violent "Born Free" vid actually carries a powerful, anti-genocide message.

As for his mom and retired cop dad -- they gave their blessing ... but never expected anyone to see the video in the U.S.

Whoops.

janet

He's smarter than Paris Hilton.Shame

Elmer Flobbergob

His loony parents should be thrown in jail.

Ellen Ripley

Gotta love that italian genocide.. must be talking about jersey shore?

Chris

"the ginger" That comment pissed me off and I don't even have red hair.

Phreaky

When this video came out, M.I.A. said it "must have been from 10+ years ago".
Wow that little kid has barely aged.

Erik

Maybe you should grow a pair, Chris.

gimmeabreak

uh, what's the big deal here? So the kid was in a music video and he gets his head blown off? This is different from 12 yr old actor getting violently killed in a movie how? *rolls eyes*

Sonja

Yeah I guess thinking no one in the US would see a violent video showing US soldiers killing ginger kids wasn't too smart. Video bites by the way and MIA's music in the video is utterly M.I.A.!!

who farted

danny banducci in the making and his mom's hair is dated

R

Oh cut the psycho babble crap! Wrong is wrong. The kid's parents are nuts.

Osiris Reborn

So according to the balless prudes that comment on this site, if we let our children appear in music videos, social services should come and take them away. Maybe if we're lucky, social services will take Justin Bieber away from his folks.

The MIA song sucks but the video has a powerful message behind it. If people want to bitch about videos, they should bitch about the lowbrow ones that offer no significant message whatsoever. Like pretty much any Bieber, Swift, or Gaga video.

rminva

I get "message" videos, but is that type of image really necessary? I think not!

Stuart

What was so special about the kids answer? You guys are idiots.

Osiris Reborn

What one considers an art another may consider obscene, that's one of the reasons why I love the first amendment. It allows me to enjoy forms of art that others are offended by and would love to ban but cannot. As for the image in the video, I do think it is necessary because genocide does involve children getting butchered, so why neglect that image? If one wants to live in the clouds, they can change the channel if the video pops on.

Osiris Reborn

And TMZ was just shocked by the kids response since so many kids his age can't even list the three branches of government, much less comprehend genocide.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments