Catherine Bach's Husband Found Dead

4/30/2010 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Peter Lopez -- the husband of Catherine Bach from "The Dukes of Hazzard" -- was just found dead in Los Angeles ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at Lopez's home in Encino at around 11:30 AM. Cops tell TMZ his death is being investigated as an apparent suicide.

Bach married Lopez -- who was one of Michael Jackson's music attorneys -- in 1990. They have two children together.

Story developing...

mglovesmj

WAS THIS SHOOTING REALLY AN APPARENT SUICIDE OR DID SOME MAKE IT LQQK LIKE THAT BECAUSE MAYBE HE NEW SOMETHING AND WAS GONNA TALK JUST A THOUGHT 2 THINK ABOUT EVER1

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/30/catherine-bach-husband-peter-lopez-dead-suicide/4/#c31860...44#ixzz0meThHMA4

Kendo

I hope tey investigate it as a murder, possibly a cover-up to make look like suicide. Just incase. Condolences to the family.

Kendo

Prove this isn't murder. 49 is right. Something doesn't sound right here. Never, ever should it be just assumed that someone committed suicide. Alot of people need to be interviewed, forensics needs to geally get in there. Does he have children and what are they saying about all this??

Mary

My Dear Catherine I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Peter.
This is the one marriage in Hollywood that was a love story and they both loved each other and there 2 beautiful girls Sophia and Laura so much,
Peter must have been in alot of pain and now resting in peace witht he Angels.Catherine please find strength to carry on and be with your girls.......

zippy

such a hot wife, sorry to see most anyone take thier life, but we dontknwo what goeson behinds bedroom doors, maybe laying next to her and her not wanting sex ever puched him over the edge, ,i know as hot as she is, it would me

Velly

The MJ connection makes this velly intellesting....

DK

I Just saw him two days ago and spoke with him here in Encino. This is so sad, my prayers go out to his family.

Hunter

And to think, TMZ had a story on Catherine Bach a few days before her husband shot himself too.

Lynda

Another "MJ related suicide, perhaps?

bobster

He probably found out that she used to bone Rick James and shot himself...I know I would have.

Tiva Devish

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. We have had 2 deaths by suicide in our family. God bless

Tellit

Harvey, get that your hands on that 911 call and a copy of the suicide note.

Voiceofreason

All of you Internet CSIs need to stop giving opinions based on a few articles you've read online.

Peter was an incredible person. Every time I sent time with him and his family he was incredibly kind and funny. This news is beyond confusing to me. My condolensces go out to Catherine and her two daughters.

susani

Peter Lopez Dead | ATMZ.US, Sad news this afternoon: Well-known music lawyer Peter Lopez has been found dead at the Encino home he shares with actress wife Catherine Bach Peter Lopez Dead http://atmz.us/peter-lopez-dead-atmz-us-242/

JD

For all those who will take this tragic event as an opportunity to display your snarky and mundane "wit", let it be known that Peter Lopez was one of the smartest, most honorable and beloved people in the entertainment business- and beyond. In spite of his great success, he treated everyone with dignity and kindness. I was a friend and associate of his. It's hard to imagine the depths of despair that precipitated this terrible occurrence. I wish, with all my heart, that Peter had sought help or had someone to guide him through the darkness. He had countless friends and family who loved him. If only we knew how alone he was. He will be profoundly missed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments