Halle Berry, Gabriel Split

Custody in Limbo

4/30/2010 10:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have split, TMZ has confirmed, and she went to a divorce lawyer three weeks ago to find out about a custody arrangement ... but nothing long-term was agreed upon and no financial settlement has been struck.

videos
Halle and Gabriel worked out a "very short-term custody arrangement," a very connected source tells TMZ.  But when they worked out the arrangement they had not split, though they were clearly having problems.  Neither Halle nor Gabriel have tried to make the arrangement permanent for 2-year-old Nahla.

Neither of them have gone to a lawyer to formalize any type of long-term agreement, so despite the fact they have split, there is no custody arrangement or property settlement agreement.

We are told, however, by sources close to the situation, that Halle and Gabriel are "working well together" and are handling parental duties without conflict.

We are told the long-term plan is to share custody but nothing has been formalized in writing.

UPDATE:  We're told Halle and Gabriel have agreed to several short-term custody arrangements while they sort things out.  They have renewed them each time they have expired and are still working under a short-term agreement but no permanent agreement has been struck.

Lenn K.

You've always here that it's the bad men that Halle married or dated. Maybe it's her and not just the men. She's beautiful, but living with her might be like living with Joan Crawford.

Kayla

The Paps are such vultures!! I often wonder why more of these celebs don't lose their minds! How many freaking pictures do these bastards needs!!??

Barbarascy

Um, have they broken up? Were they living together at the same residence? This article leaves me with more questions than answers. I understand wanting to work out the custody arrangement. But, then that leads back to the question concerning a split. Why the property settlement thing? Were they secretly married?

Tinalouise

She must be some diva/bitch because she can't stay with a man for very long....ever. Someone as beautiful as she is sure does have a hard time with men, I guess that should make us all feel better.

Chuck

Maybe she can get back with the black actor who beat her senseless causing her to lose some of her hearing. She's a knucklehead.

Gab

Hale, hope you choose your battles carefully and your family will stay together. You deserve the very best, and that is Nahla and Gabriel. Work on it.
Because you love each other you have a chance. Splitting up the family should not be an option. Problem solving is.

Tellit

Who is the man walking with her?

ANITA

I dont blame her for wanting to be by herself. MEN ARE STUPID.

Adria

Dawn

I'm sorry to hear that. This was her most stable and long-term relationship, and if she ever had any doubts, it probably proved to her that there's nothing wrong with her. She can have normal relationships. They seemed good together, but it's hard for anyone to determine the outcome of a relationship, especially when you've got paps stalking your life, so much so that you can hardly breath. In any case, there's no doubt that he'll continue to be a good father. Hopefully, Halle can move on and eventually find someone strong, who is also sensitive and empathetic, like herself.

Adria

Honestly. I never expected it to last. He's good looking with great DNA for making beautiful kids but...Hollywood and models by design are very shallow people.
Halle will have to settle for a blue collar, non-famous man or just stag it. Either option is absolutely fine.

NY Diva

Look at the photos--he's not even looking at her. How can you not look at Halle Berry? She needs to have lunch with Sandra Bullock.

metnwt

I think instead of having lunch with Sandra Bullock, she needs to have lunch with Jennifer Anniston, neither one of them can keep a man!

Chuck

9. So Chuck is saying a woman deserves to be hit and abused. In that case, I hope someone busts a cap in your azz.

Posted at 7:46 AM on Apr 30, 2010 by Adria

So Adria where did I say she deserves to be hit and abused? Perhaps you're projecting an ethnic retort, hmm? All I said was "Maybe she can get back with the black actor who beat her senseless." I didn't say maybe she could get back with the black actor who beat her senseless so she can go under more abuse, now did I? Pay attention and stop sitting in back of the class because you'll never learn anything there.

ThatsPrincessToYou

I used to think it was the Men she dated/married but I am starting to wonder if it's her! She must be really insecure. Only a Woman with low self-esteem would be with the losers she has been with. I really liked this guy. Maybe he's too normal for her? Who knows.

UPDATE: Halle Berry's Mother was abused by Halle's Dad. That explains it! Too sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments