Xtina:

You've Come A Long Way Baby

5/3/2010 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera has really evolved as an artist.

0430-christina-aguilera-dates-credit

Here's the 18-year-old former Mouseketeer back in 1999 (left) -- and 11 years later, the 29-year-old mother of one in her new music video (right).

Not myself tonight ... clearly.

simon

i love christina you are the best

cooper

wanna be lady gaga

Chrissy

She is gross. She says not to compare her to Lady Gaga.... maybe she should stop trying to hard to be different. Lady Gag IS different, her look fits her, Christina looks like she is trying too hard to be different.

Alison

Ick. The first thing I think of whenever I see her is that I hope she's on a maintenance dose of penicillin.

Alison

Ick. The first thing I think of whenever I see a picture of her is that I hope she's on a maintenance dose of penicillin.

Maxis

She's going backwards not forward. She has de-evolved from a legit artist with an amazing voice into yet another pop star who has to rely on sex and gay innuendo to sell.

Mary

Christina Great voice. But she is a follower not a trend setter. She 29yrs old its 2010 whats hot now, "Gaga-ism". Yes she'll try to put her own spin on it. But come on look at that photo..
Hey good luck to her.

K. HO

Ga Ga Wannabe... Shocker!

Didn't she "reinvent" herself with "Dirrrty"?!

S

I don't think she's trying to copy Gaga, Christina said in 2007 that she was going to do a electropop dance album. Gaga wasn't even known back then. I also remember someone asking Christina what she thought of Lady Gaga when Christina performed Keeps Getting Better at whatever awards show it was. Christina looked blankly at the camera and said, "Who's that?"

Christina's issue here is that she's trying too hard to be edgy and relevant. At least Dirrty felt natural, like she was just acting out. The Not Myself Tonight feels fake and there's too much "try". I miss the old, more organic "Stripped" Christina.

shane

listen up cris, GET A NEW LOOK..STOP COPING PPL **** GIRL U COPIED BRITNEY AND LADY GAGA..BITCH PLEASE

Rebekah Godbold

Please - comparing her to Lady Gaga is insulting. She can actually sing very well, is pretty and has a great figure. How many artists can say that they can actually sing these days? Kudos to her for using all of her talents to their fullest extent. She is not copying anyone else, she is an original.

Boitoy

Xtina is not ripping Gag Gag.. Because Gag Gag is unoriginal, fraud, copycat skank who copies MADONNA, Roisin Murphy, Grace Jones and any other artists her sticky fingers gets a hand on.. And as for Xtina she's paying homage to Madonna.. Get it straight..

Alisha Sontani

Yes, She said, this video was dedicated to Madonna,to her early videos like "Human nature" etc. and I DON'T SEE ANY SIMILARITY with Gaga. It's just sado-maso! what's the f*ck copying Gaga there?! IT'S NOT INVENTED BY Gaga.

and... yeah... I DO like the video! I think it's cool and sexy, it's cheeky and daring, I like that stuff. Christina's always been like that's why I love her,too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4