« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hasselbeck

Cries an Apology to

Erin Andrews

5/5/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck launched into full-on waterworks mode on "The View" this morning to issue a public apology to Erin Andrews for cracking a really bad joke at her expense yesterday.

0221_media_removed-1
Hasselbeck took all sorts of heat yesterday after she made a comment suggesting that Erin's creepy convicted Peeping Tom should have dropped the hidden camera act ... because he could have seen "a little bit less – without the prison time" just by watching "Dancing with the Stars."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ryguyy

How the hell did she get this job, she is nothing but a reality tv show loser. She literally makes me cringe, I am beginning to see why Rosie quit

op

1st. people if you look at the dress it is the shade of her skin with lace sewed on top. Figure skaters use the same for their outfits. Now isn't this Erin also a news reporter for sports? Think EH may be catching trouble from her husbands co workers. Hummmmmm! And she is catching from the Boss...Hummmm I don't watch the View! EH I couldn't stand the way she sounded or her views. If you want to get rid of someone stop watching. think it has been two years now that I haven't watched.

Kristie

Hahaha! That is so true though! I was thinking that last time I seen Erin Andrews on DWTS. She literally had her dress painted on! If you don't want stalkers put some damn clothes on!!! Elisabeth was not in the wrong for once!!! Erin is a SKEEZER!!!

Linda

I had to stop the video before it was finished. Couldn't handle her BS about why "mommy had to"... bla bla bla. BS.

Why is she on this show?

thinkaboutit

She runs around nearly naked on a reality show and this gives her the right to shove her opinions off on others? I find her most of her comments biased and just plain stupid.

Deb

If "The View" would unload that right-wing, hate-monging moron, "The View" would have more "Viewers".

Chris

So, does she blame a rape victim if they are wearing something a bit revealing? It don't find her sincere. She cried her apologize to make nice on TV.

joann

She has every right to make a comment as do the others on the show. Joy is the only hate-monging woman on there.

Harriett

They need to get her off The View...........she's a big reason I quit watching the show.

joann

Joy is the reason I quit watching. Woopie is the only one worth watching!

rene

God I can not stand this bitch...one more reason to hate her more

Aaron Salmon

The thing is...it's hard to tell whether she's joking or not, because she's always yelling. I understand that she's the only conservative amongst seasoned liberals, but she so stiff that no one can take her that seriously.

Elizabeth is a class act

I hope that all my daughters grow up to be just like Elisabeth. I can think of no better role model.

Truth is truth...and Elisabeth had nothing to apologize for. Her statement was right on and no one else on The View ever backs down. She should have stuck by her opinion, by golly.

We love Elisabeth. She's the one with common sense on The View.

joann

If it had been that idiot Joy that had said it then it would be OK. Seems she can say anything she wants to and it was all in fun, after all she is a comedian, and a poor excuse for one I might add!!

Dawn

Funny, somehow she managed to make the apology all about her, instead of the person she hurt.