Nas to Kelis: I Can't Afford You!

5/5/2010 6:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas claims he can't afford to pay Kelis the child and spousal support ordered by the court.

0505_nas_kelis_EX_Getty_01

As we first reported, a court ordered Nas last month to pay more than $87,000 in back spousal and child support.  The judge also ordered Nas to pay Kelis $10,000 a month in spousal support to stay current.  It's unclear how much Nas is required to pay in monthly child support.

Nas says in the new legal docs obtained by TMZ ... the judge predicated the order on Nas making $152,031 a month, but the rapper says he makes "substantially less than that amount."

Nas' lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, is asking the judge to take another look at the damage to Nas' wallet.

ibjamie

Who are these people?
Who cares?

Jarrod

Are you kidding me with this? Wasn't this the same Kellis who said she was making about 13,000 a month? Is it NAS fault that she was a one hit wonder? Go on a reality show and get paid.Spousal support is such a joke when someone makes 13,000 a month on her own. Give me a break already

Me

hearing thinks like this makes me sick. Some of these people need a reality check. I am raising 2 kids on less then $160...0.00 a month. It makes me sick to think of the money that these people blow through.

Me

*things* not thinks... (blushes)

MsPhoenix

Son, you're gonna pay some alimony or do some time

That's why it's cheaper to keep her (Help me say it, y'all)
It's cheaper to keep her (It's cheaper to keep her)
When you get through starin' that judge in the face
You're gonna want to cuss the whole human race

Dude

Dand Nas, where did you blow chedder?

larry

This bitch has a career why is Nas required to pay her! She has an album and new music contract with Interscope!

rexcars

Who?

kevin

the domestic court system is nothing but leagalize male abuse. why should any women receive that type of support? whats wrong with getting a job and supporting yourself? oh I forgot about equality!

Aaron Salmon

Wow, I am a woman who is all for women's rights and what not, but I don't think that on average, it costs 10,000$ a month to raise a child. Unless covering the basics in the US costs that much. Is the cost of life that high in Calfornia ? I think that the father should pay half of the child's school fees (are private schools that expensive in California?), help mom with housing fees (oh, I see, she wants a mansion), help with the food (ok for real, it can't be more than 400$ a month to feed a child).

Even if a woman is angry at her ex, I think it's very unsensitive and pointless to ruin a man financially. I could never live off of loads of free money knowing that someone is starving because of that.

Am I wrong?

scott

i'm not to sure which should be shot first...
these dumb ass guys for getting married or these sluts have kids with them just to make some money! pathetic

kevin

no you are not wrong . the only winners in divorce are the attorneys 10 years from now kelis will wish she had the money back that she paid the attorney and the kid will mostlikey hate nas ( parental alienation)

Dumb Surfer Guy on TMZ "Knarly"

Nas was that P***y really worth it?

Friend?

Spousal support? Why doesn’t she work like the rest of us, the most of us anyway? Pathetic, it seems like in every case presented it’s the women who need to be supported by the men. Girl power? I don’t think so.

JJ

Can't do the TIME.
Don't do the Crime Brother.

Pay her!