Michael Jackson -- My Dog Ate My Creditor's Claim

5/18/2010 9:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonA guy who worked with Michael Jackson for roughly 40 years is begging a judge to accept a creditor's claim 4 months after the deadline -- because, well, he didn't know it was due!

In the docs, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, Arons claims by the time he learned he needed to file the paperwork, the deadline had passed ... and dude doesn't want his money well to dry up!

Now, Arons wants a second chance -- we'll see if the excuse flies with the judge.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

janicebyrne

Short answer.....NO. It's after the deadline. End of..

Phreaky

It is ridiculous and sad how many people were living off his money. Bunch of friggin leeches.

lap123

Thank God the creditor claims are over!!! Arons sorry you were too late. Sucks I know, but hey it was your money you should have been asking someone if you you had to file a claim to continue to get paid. Heck, I understood you had to file just from reading TMZ and I'm just a country girl!

Michael does look good in this photo. I never understood why people complain about the photos of Michael, well I understand the blurry ones, but I love all the clear ones. They are pictures of Michael and to me Michael was always beautiful!

RIP MJ my sunflower will be on its way very soon!

MissingMJ

Tellit

"Richard Arons -- one of Michael's old managers -- claims MJ's estate never informed him that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years."

Tellit

6. It's about time we get a really great picture of MJ! And to Richard Arons, get lost sucker!
Posted at 12:50 AM on May 18, 2010 by alienforce1
__________________

It's just amazing how much Michael Jackson and his fans think alike!

mjfanalways

first tmz thank you for a nice photo of MJ we the fans appreciate it very much.makes me sick how these people can lie just to get money off Michael.Michael i love you most.miss you angel.please come back soon.we need you.your smile melts our hearts.love and hugs Michael.

Tellit

Michael Jackson may be great at playing the game of "life", but I'm afraid he's going to have to take second seat to someone who had a hand in helping to create it.

lap123

"Since he was already receiving royalty checks, and sounds to me like Arons is maybe up in age, it seems understandable and feasible that since he wasn't informed (the estate of course has no obligation to do so) that his checks would cease Arons plea to the Judge is justified...and the Judge should grant his request to file his belated claim."

Tellit you do have a point. I'm not sure how old Arons is, and he may have a valid claim since he was already receiving his checks. I do still believe it was Arons's responsibility to find out if he needed to file a claim or not. I have no ill will towards Arons (other than he was late) because he did work for his money. He isn't one that is claiming false claims or highly inflated claims. It will be interesting to see if he gets to file a late claim or ow many other people are going to attempt to do the same.

Tellit

13. Posted at 1:58 AM on May 18, 2010 by lap123
__________

Right lap123. Since Arons is "an old MJ manager",... but since TMZ states "for roughly 40 years" more than likely he was originally a Jackson5 manager,....Arons might have been what? 35-45yrs old back then...making him 75-85yrs old now...probably the royalty checks and a small SS check is Arons gross & fixed income. Would be a shame for him to lose it simply due to his innocent oversight.
This is one time I might have to say shame on you TMZ for being so unfeeling with your "my dog ate it...." comment.

Brownie

You know, to be getting "money off of someone else" for 30 plus years... did this person really do that much that they should still today have a claim on the estate of Michael Jackson???

If he was in such serious need of this money- one would think that it wouldn't have been an oversight to miss the deadline.

Some people help to "manage" an artist but they may not have anything to do with "creating" or "creating who the artist becomes".

Just because I help my children with their homework and teach them what they need to know for life doesn't mean I have a claim to their lifetime income....

I am quite certain that Michael Jackson became who he is because of who he is... no one "created" his stage performance or his singing voice - those were gifts from God which he acknowledges all the time. Maybe God should file a creditor's claim..? OH NO I think I just gave Harvey a new Headline... if you use it do I get to file a claim on it? Have a wonderful day Harvey!

Love & Peace always...

Vera

This seems to be a slow day for TMZ and once again they just resource to Michael Jackson to get some attention...and it works cause even I stopped by!

Kolbrún

Teribly sad to see how many people lived on Michael money. I love him and always have and always will. I never imagine the world could be so empty withhout him in it even though I never got the change to meet him. I live so far away in Iceland and i hurt every day by sorrow he is gone.

cARMEN CECILIA DE RIBBON VARGAS

QUE CANTIDAD DE OPORTUNISTAS RONDAN POR AHI......

A MJ:
LO AMAREMOS HASTA EL ULTIMO RESPIRO...

electriczipper

how much was this dude getting?
200.00 or 2000.00 a month....i wonder how many other people were nibbleing away at MJ's money

billiejean

so is there going to be ANY MONEY left for his kids when they get older!!!!!!

good god!!

nobodies thinking about the children!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments