Battle Brewing at Michael Jackson's Burial Site

5/19/2010 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Jackson's plan to let rabid fans flock to Michael Jackson's mausoleum is setting up a nasty battle ... with the family of another celebrity buried in the extremely private section of Forest Lawn Cemetery.

0921-media-removed-britney
It's all over Randy's tweet, in which he said he was going to do his best to get MJ's fans "beyond the gates of Forest Lawn" to pay their respects on June 25 -- the 1-year anniversary of the singer's death.

It sounds like Randy is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, because normally non-family members can't access the mausoleum where MJ and a few other celebs are buried -- one of them being Clark Gable.

The legendary actor's grandson, Clark Gable III, told TMZ he's not down with Randy's plan ... saying the mausoleum "wouldn't be as sacred" if just anyone could go inside.

On the flip side, Randy has at least one supporter ... author Ronald J. Fields -- grandson of W.C. Fields, who's also buried there -- says he thinks fans should be allowed inside because it would be "moving to them."

Randy did not respond to our calls for comment.

0512_MJ_MAUS_300

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ZubieZee

FIRST!

sc341

Maybe they should hold some sort of a 'lottery drawing' and then allow a few people into the tomb in order to dispel the rumors that MJ is still alive.....

Either that or release a picture of him lying in the casket. I hear that the autopsy photos might be shown after the trial when they become public. Kinda gross.

Midnight Dancer

I think that would be lovely for the fans I wish I lived over there. It would be hoped that fans will be respectful. Good on you Randy

And thats the truth

Tellit

Well here we go....now even the corridors of prestigious & solitary Forest Lawn will become little more than a cheap carnival midway. Leave it to the whims of America's #1 freakshow family to trash it up.
If the Jacksons cared about a final resting place for Michael Jackson where his fans could pay their respects they should have thought of that beforehand and laid him to rest at Neverland or a close equivalent. It's just like a Jackson to expect decades old decorum and rules to be bent to satisfy the Jacksons whims.
I certainly hope Forest Lawn, and family members of other celebrities entombed there, put a firm thumbs down to this ridiculous and evasive affront to the institutions reputation of dignity and sanctity.
Is there no end to the nerve of the Michael Jackson clan?

Rob J

It was a poor idea in the first place, to lay him to rest at an exclusive site where fans could not access.

They should have gone ahead with the original proposal of turning Neverland into a Graceland-style attraction, with Michael buried there.

(Spare me the 'he didn't ever want to return to Neverland' comments.)

sc341

Once a year the family should have a lottery drawing and then allow the winners to visit and bring their immediate family members or close friends.

I can't imagine allowing hordes of people in there. It wouldn't be right for the other people interred there.

Chico

7. I think it would end up being a very respectful event. There are alot of diehard fans that has stuck by his side through all of the ups and downs of his life, probably more then some of his family members. They deserve to pay their respects too. I am sure Forest Lawn can handle the influx of people. Maybe they will only let in 5 at a time or something like that for 24 hours. He died one day after my birthday...... that sucks.

Posted at 1:06 AM on May 19, 2010 by And thats the truth

Hey and thats the truth....

My birthday is the same as yours. It does suck that MJ died the day after. My birthday will be sad this year.

JLS

NO NO NO! I completely disagree with Randy! They will do damage to the area, leave their trash behind and litter the place with junk. This is a sacred and spiritual place. It should not be a stop on the celeb tour for fans. He's gone-let him be with God and rest in peace. Peace that her certainly couldn't get when he was here on earth thanks to Tom Sneddon, DA Santa Barbara County.

marson

That would be wonderful. I am sure Michaels fans close enough to come would be online all day if necessary to see his gravesite. I am sure there will be people that want to see the others too. Can you imagine how many fans Walt Disney has? I am sure Clark Gable still has alot of fans who would like to see his stone too. As long as the fans are respectful and do as they are told I don't see why anyone would mind for just one day. Lets face it hopefully all the spirits are in heaven looking down and seeing people are coming to pay their respects on the special day. Randy has a big heart. We fans love you man!

marson

I am positive this would be a great source of joy to most of his LA fans. I don't see why the others would mind as long as the fans are respectful and follow the ordely way set up for them to enter, leave flowers, and leave. I think it would be a steady stream of people, maybe even a few fans of the others there too. I loved Clark Gable and so did many others. Perhaps it could be a fan of all those who are they on that day. How many people are fans of Walt Disney? Millions I'll bet. Randy is a big hearted guy, and we fans love you man.

Gina

OMG this makes me cry. Why can't we go there, we love Michael so much...
I've never been in US but this is the ONLY reason that could make me want to cross the world to go there :sad:

Michael we love you so much angel

mjfanalways

MICHAEL I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.YOUR SMILE MELTS MY HEART.I MISS YOU ANGEL.WISH YOU WERE HERE.WE NEED YOU SWEETHEART.I THINK OF YOU EVERYDAY.LOVE AND HUGS MJ.

Jamaican sam

"Pay their respects"

How much you gonna charge, Randy? lol.

Tellit

Randy, (the once "brain damaged one"), IF Forest Lawn falls prey to your proposed spectacle and publicity/(fan support in the light of the upcoming Dr. Conrad Murray preliminary hearing) stunt and agrees to your opportunistic scheme, be sure that a no-fly zone (we can't forget your bigmouth during the "funeral") is in effect June 25, you wouldn't want any free coverage of an event that the MJFT will be able to profit from later by using the filming for maybe another JacksonSh/t reality show or DVDs.....OH WAIT...in this case it would behoove you more to have camera crews swarming the airspace.
You are a nasty piece of work Randy Jackson. You slick bonyheaded illiterate sewer-wise clown.
You sure have come up a few notches from your career as a greasemonkey since your bros untimely "death. From lowly greasemonkey to CEO/pres.? of Michael Jackson's newly created film and entertainment enterprises in less than a year?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments