Bret Michaels -- I'm Having Trouble Moving My Legs

5/19/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just told Oprah Winfrey that he's still having trouble moving his lower extremities after his massive brain hemorrhage last month, but the rocker's mind -- especially his wit -- appear to be working just fine.

Bret Michaels
In his first televised interview since he was rushed to the emergency room -- with the odds of survival overwhelmingly stacked against him -- Bret told O that he's doing twice the rehab in order to expedite his recovery ... but he still suffers from headaches.

Michaels also cried a little bit during the show -- after Oprah ran an interview with Bret's 9-year-old daughter, in which she expressed how sad she was at the thought of life without her dad.  It's pretty emotional stuff.

The good news -- Bret seems like he's right on pace to go back on tour with his band May 28.

schoen1

So, Sandy, was it a publicity stunt or what?

Greg

Screw getting better in order to go on tour again... frankly your band rather sucks. Just get better so you can be a father in your daughters life for many years to come. Nothing else is important.

urbusted

78. how does he still have hair after having brain surgery?

Posted at 4:37 PM on May 19, 2010 by interested

Interested-he didn't have any kind brain surgery, only tests to determine his bleed, the bleed resolved on its own.

Bobo Frog

I am a big supporter of Bret after watching him on Apprentice....but sadly, if he returns and does a grueling tour after a massive brain hemmorhage in addition to having diabetes (which makes him a high risk patient)....then I think the people calling bull**** may be right, and that this might all have been a publicity stunt....cancel the tour, Bret...for your daughter's sake, and for the sake of your health....if you don't, you will be telling the world that $$$ and ego are most important to you.

urbusted

Sandy,
Did you see the press conference? Dr. Joseph Zabramski, Barrow's chief of cerebrovascular surgery, confirmed his subarachnoid hemorrhage and that he had been in critical condition in ICU. He explained the condition and why Bret was so lucky. Many people die before even getting to the ER. No way was it exaggerated or overblown. You don't end up at Barrow's in ICU unless you are in very serious condition. This isn't a normal hospital, you don't end up there for a simple illness. Why cant the guy have been seriously sick and now getting better? Is he not allowed to get better? I know you don't think he was ever seriously sick, but again, surely the doctor didn't lie.
You say it's nonsense and "no way he could have had what was reported". Are you saying this prestigious doctor lied or exaggerated Bret's illness? Or faked the CT scans that SHOWED the hemorrhage? ? Is that way you think happened? Hmm?
Honey, you are the moron. I think you just say things to stir up trouble, and I am done with you. Shame on you.

sandy

I am saying, the pic of him sitting around in a hospital wearing a bandana with only an iv, is bull, that pic is the fake. I am saying I do not believe whatsoever Bret does not have disabilities if he indeed had what was reported. Ok, he was on tv, and you could clearly see his lip is down on the one side, that I believe. I did not see the actual show, but if his entire body wasn't show, then this is all bull. I do not believe for one second he is totally ok, no, no, no, and I could care less what anyone thinks. Lip hanging on on side, look at the eyes, obvious, appeared to put up an arm to wipe a tear, though whole arm was not show for some reason, couldn't see legs, couldn't see other leg. As usual I will wait to see what are Brets other disabilities. I can clearly see the disability to the mouth and face. Heis having trouble moving his legs. No kidding, cause he is disabled. Whether someone wants to say it now, or we will all be hearing later, oh my Bret had another stroke....whatever, it will still be the same injury. see ya urbusted, you are nuts and actually not bright. All will be proven some day, unless he just for some reason does not appear in the public eye anymore claiming who knows what is the reason.

urbusted

Sandy,
LOL! OMG, you are freaking unbelievable, you CHANGE your story once I point out why you are wrong, and start spewing all this absolute nonsense about disabilities again.........stupid idiot. He admits he is still in rehab and not 100%. He talks about all this, Can you read? Did ya listen to the videos? It's easy, just hit the play button...it's the one that reads "play".......
You just can't stand that you are wrong, can you? hahahahahahahaha

Bye-bye..............

Sparkle

Sandy sounds like a raging lunatic...

ron

unreal what this cheeseball will do to get attention.his fake fkn hair down to his weakazz sympathy for his legs.when he fkn walks tomorrow come see me.i mean really.die already.

WHATEVER

BEST WISHES TO YOU, BRETT !!! IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU ON TV. YOU STILL NEED TO FINISH GETTING WELL, SO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF !

WHATEVER

IF HIS BAND AGREES TO LET HIM TOUR THEY OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. HIS WIFE {HE SHOULD MARRY HER ANYWAY}, NEEDS TO GET ON HIS BUTT ABOUT STAYING HOME AND TAKING CARE OF HIMSELF INSTEAD OF TOURING SO FAST. ARE YOU LISTENING BRETT ???? GIVE YOUR FAMILY A BREAK, THEY ALMOST LOST YOU ! AND JUST FINISH RECOVERING OK ? STAY HOME A WHILE.

sandy

I rather be a raging idiot, than the aholes that believe this man is not disabled. HA HA HA HA FREAKING HA. WE WILL SEE
I did not change anything because of the likes of the fool urbusted. Same as I said all along. I am done, some people are just way to stupid. THE WORLD IS FLAT, to the imbeciles of the world. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Raging idtio. You people are soooooooooooooooooo uneducated it is actually the saddest and scariest thing I have seen so far. Christ you people are out in the world everyday. God who knows what the hell you do wheh you get out. HA HA HA HA Do not comment to me, I will no longer read, comment or give a crap about stupid fools. Sorry Bret that you are disabled now. But I will say, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO A PERSON THAT DOES DRUGS...EVEN IF SOMEONE DID THIS 20 YEARS AGO, IT IS A PROVEN FACT HOW IT WEAKEN THE ARTERIES IN THE BRAIN/ETC. ok fools,,,see ya and please do talk amoungst each other about your nutty bizarre thoughts that are way, way off, and you will find out.

urbusted

Oh sandy, I know you are reading this, because you just can't help yourself. You are sick, sweetie. Really, really sick, I wish you would get some help, although you may be beyond help at this point. You can't seem to comprehend what people are saying. I don't know if it's YOUR lack of intelligence, a mental condition, or a little of both (or perhaps a drinking problem?) And IT is scary that people like you are out in the world everyday doing God knows what. Crazy.
In any case, I will stop posting now to you because I am scared for you, and don't want to make your condition worse.

Mark

Now come on- having worked in the medical profession for MANY years I can assure you- dude would not have had hair after this type of medical issue.
During a brain bleed- the first thing that goes is the hair for easier, more sanitary access to the cortex of the brain.
Who the f**k is he kidding?
Brett- enough with the wigs and hairpieces- You're a handsome guy and need to admit that the hair is gone!

Get well soon. Take another Vicodin

Straight Talkin Texan

The more I learn about Bret, the more impressed I am. He shows that a person can be "cool" and still be nice. (Take note all you mean TMZ posters!)

I hope he takes care of himself and doesn't push himself too hard.