Bret Michaels -- I'm Having Trouble Moving My Legs

5/19/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just told Oprah Winfrey that he's still having trouble moving his lower extremities after his massive brain hemorrhage last month, but the rocker's mind -- especially his wit -- appear to be working just fine.

Bret Michaels
In his first televised interview since he was rushed to the emergency room -- with the odds of survival overwhelmingly stacked against him -- Bret told O that he's doing twice the rehab in order to expedite his recovery ... but he still suffers from headaches.

Michaels also cried a little bit during the show -- after Oprah ran an interview with Bret's 9-year-old daughter, in which she expressed how sad she was at the thought of life without her dad.  It's pretty emotional stuff.

The good news -- Bret seems like he's right on pace to go back on tour with his band May 28.

mitzpaws

Bret- I hope you read what your fans are writing on these sites about you going on tour. Nobody wants you to go back on tour this soon. How you have recovered so far is a testament to how strong you are so don't go on tour until you are fully recovered. Please relax for a while.......especially for your family. My father was one of the unlucky majority who didn't pull through what happened to you and I had to watch. Please take a break.

mitzpaws

Amber- I hope that you were just going for affect and you aren't that stupid. Your comment is scary and cruel. I went through this watching my father die so I understand none of this is a joke. And migraines..............guess you never had one.

Una

I also had a SAH in early November, surgery to repair the bleed. I had three brain surgeries and one craniotomy after a ruptured aneurysm while still in Intensive Care. I have no idea where Mark (#99) got his medical experience but no, they don’t shave your entire head anymore. They only clip an area the shape of the incision. Perhaps they did shave the entire head in the past but they no longer do that. For the most part, the surgery is now performed through the femoral artery without having to crack the skull. Reading a few medical articles on the topic first would help some of you comment more intelligently.

There is no way to “milk” it as some suggest. Either your head is filling up with blood or it isn’t. I am 57 years old and I have NEVER used illicit drugs or abused alcohol. Maybe there are things about this illness that Sandy (#97) doesn’t understand. The man was fighting for his life and all some of you care about is his hair, his car and his bandana. You make the rest of us glad we don’t know you personally.

Some of you posters make the rest of us sick to our stomachs. You have nothing but cruel, disgusting and negative things to say about people you have never met. What type of car Mr. Michaels drives is none of your business. He worked for it so why shouldn’t he have it. Why do you want to fault him for working to earn a living? Most of us do. Perhaps some of you don’t but at least he isn’t looking for the rest of us to provide for his family.

Frankly, I’m glad I didn’t have to put up with your stone-cold hearts at my bedside, judging my medical condition or my personal motives for having a headache. I’m also glad that Mr. Michaels survived and is willing to discuss his situation on TV. I learned a lot from him and I respect his determination to live. The rest of you who believe otherwise can just KMA.

Good luck to you and to your family, Bret. Keep on Rockin’ and don’t let these fools discourage you with their negative attitudes.

bleucat9

He is amazing. He seems like a really good man.
Praying for his full recovery.

bruce

I personally think that this was all a hoax with D. Trump, I bet that Brett will be made the winner of that show and then do his "comeback" tour. This is all a publicity stunt. Next he will do another reality show with his new partner, Trump! Look closer at the "hospital" photos, there are numerous things wrong. Shame on him for involving his daughter to gain sympathy. It is sad when some people can only progress thier careers by lies!

TJF

Everybody loves Bret--he's one of the good guys, who never badmouths people, did his cute rock-of-love show with a great sense of humor...he is obviously a kind man, not a jerk-egomaniac like so many other celebrities....I really think that he is pushing it WAY TOO HARD by coming back on tour in two weeks.....Bret, hey, we worry about you...we all understand you want to get back on the horse asap, but think of your health, man....no one will think any less of you if you wait a month or two and spend some quality R & R with your family....its way too soon, man...

sandy

What a wacko, urbusted, you are just too ridiculous to be a part of the human race. Why is it you think I am such a nut for saying the truth. THE MAN IS DISABLED. When will Bret finally just say it. I realize it is a scary word and hard to accept, but it is what it is. There is something truly wrong with a world who he obviously feels will not accept him as disabled. God knows if he will ever say that word. DISABLED, does not mean dead, so to Bret and his people...admit it already. And urbusted, screw you, you are the one with a problem with you comments of my having mental problems or drinking problems. You seriously should check yourself in. I do not have any of those problems or any other problems. I am willing to accept Bret as he is DISABLED. I am not afraid of the word and I in no way feel he should have to hide it from the world, but I am sure he will for quite awhile.

mrsj

sandy, you are a f*cking nutjob. I didn't realize the asylum let the patients use computers. I have seen your posts on all these Bret threads, and you make no f*cking sense at all. You say one thing, then another completely different. You are making arguments with people where there is none. Go back and crawl under your rock.

Wishing you the best Bret!

donna

Brett, you have all our prayers. Stay strong and rest up for now. You hve your life and girls to worry about dont worry about anything else right now...
Your are truly one of the greatest hang in there

sandy

I could care less what the whole world thinks. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY now with the news that has just happened, I am sure we will get to the truth of what the condition was in the first place. There is no way to hide disabled limbs and such, so let us finally move on. There is no arguement weirdos, Bret was and is still disabled. Show me where the arguement is?? Only someone that disputes this true statement is making arguements.

star

TIME TO STAY TOTALLY AND FULLY FOCUSED ON YOURSELF AND YOUR HEALING -- NO CONCERNS FOR ANYONE ELSE NOW -- BUILD YOUR OWN STRENGTH AND POWER --REFUSE TO LET IT GET 'ZAPPED' BY ANYONE OR ANYTHING --MANY PRAYERS GOING OUT TO YOU TO FIND PEACE...MUCH MUCH LOVE AND WHITE LIGHT FROM SOMEONE WHO JUST FOUND OUT YOU EXISTED BECAUSE OF THE APPRENTICE!

johnnyb

your in gods hands bret!

starr balay

Hey Bret,hi from Vegas,we can all wait for the tunes,we have plenty to play.Take time out for complete recovery, heed the warnings,youve had your third times a charm,take care,God Bless!*

starr balay

Linda Perry

Brett, I am so glad you are doing so well. You were a complete delight on CP. Holly did well, but sometimes it was at the expense of other people's feelings. You just did great! Take care of yourself and REST sometimes. Love to you and yours.