Donald Trump to Bret Michaels -- You're Hired!

5/24/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just got "hired" by Donald Trump -- meaning the brain hemorrhage survivor just won this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" ... and raised a ton of money for diabetes research in the process.

Donald Trump
Holly Robinson Peete -- famous for her role in "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" -- came in second.

Michaels -- who suffered a warning stroke last week after his brain hemorrhage -- will be donating his $250,000 winnings to the American Diabetes Association.

He's scheduled to rock out on stage this Friday ... for the first time since his brain hemorrhage last month.

mrsj

God Bless you, Bret! You looked good on the show, but you still aren't 100%, please take it easy.

There's Always Elvis

Oh Bret!! So happy you won. Your Daughter Rain is a Beautiful girl. Please, please make sure you are 100% before you go back to performing. The fans want to see you better. They don't want to see you again in the hospital either. God Bless. You have been thru so much. Take it easy.....

Barbie

I'm sorry but Bret needs to get back to getting better. He is now pushing his luck, he's pushing his body to the brink. I am disappointed that he came to that show at the risk of dying.

I could have sworn that he said what his new perspective on life was and that was family, his children and friends.

Bret your right, those are the most important things, while I think it was brave of you to do this show, I also think it was foolish considering you have already defied death a month ago.

Sit back, listen to your body, and slow it down. Your not a cat with 9 lives. Slow down and enjoy the simpler things in your life. You have the money to do that, take time to smell the roses.

cjs

Susan

Congrats Bret, you deserve this win. Now please get better and know a lot of people are praying for you.

Janet C.

Yea, Bret. Bret's winnings go directly to his charity. Holly's winnings go directly into her own bank account because she is the foundation. Holly never "cut a check" for Sharon Osborn for the money everyone donated to colon cancer, so they thought. If I donated to colon cancer and it did not go to that specific charity, I would request my money back. Holly is a back stabber and I would not drink one of her Snapple drinks if they were free. Boo, Holly!

Yea, Bret! Yea, Donald Trump!

ralph

"Michaels' appearance on the finale, which included live and taped sequences, had been in question after he suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized again recently after suffering what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart."

Shame on Donald Trump. Any capitalist knows you're not supposed to hire them after you work them to death!

Kenneth

I am so happy Bret won and Holly lost. She will spend all of the donations on her bills because of the bad economy. Her eyes lit up when money was discussed. Even her dying mother told her to stay in the show so you can get the money, that she needed to get more. Holly is no good and a greedy person. Good for Donald Trump not to pick Holly, the selfish, profession panhandler.

Linda

Holly is a pig of a person. She is a mean and calculating. Bret, you are the man! you are a good person and your charity deserves the money so much more than the "Charity of Holly and Her Family Bank Account." I bet she paid herself a nice chunk. She kept saying to her husband "look what I have for you", when giving him the check to go home and deposit in to their bank account. That is exactly what she meant too, money for her and her husband and her kids. I would like to see a break down of that money to see what she got out of it in pay and how much went to the hospital. Watch out for this snake, don't giver HER your money.

ManiacalZebra

I admit, I peeked at the end of the show to see if he won. Since the grand prize was matched and both would have $250,000 donated to their respective charities, it was a no-brainer for Trump to pick the sentimental favorite.

ROCKITJUDY

God bless you Bret, we are all so happy for you! You are the winner! You deserved to be the winner. Everyone keeps bring up about Holly's bank account being in her name, well that is how she has her foundation set up and she is in control of all money in the account. She can do what she likes with it, go on a trip or pay her bills or buy clothes. No one can tell her what to do with her money. On the other websites, they are saying the same thing about her spending her donation money. So what, once the check is in her hands it is her money, period.

Allen Ridak

I'd reckon Holly Robinson would be more famous for 21 Jump St than Mr Cooper

electriczipper

how about neither ..both shows sucked

electriczipper

I refuse to watch moronic shows like that because I have a life but my boss said baldy was in a wheelchair////

April

Congrats Bret! I was rooting for you. I thought your ad campagne was the best! Please get back to recovering and forget about touring for a couple months.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments