Simon Monjack -- Possible OD

5/24/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tells TMZ there are signs Simon Monjack may have died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

One well-placed source says, "There were a number of pill bottles on the nightstand in the bedroom, and some were empty."

There is, obviously, an eerie similarity to the death of Monjack's wife, Brittany Murphy, just five months ago.  In her case an array of prescription drugs were found on the nightstand of the same bedroom where Monjack died.  Many of the drugs on Simon's nightstand were the same as the ones found after Brittany died.

One law enforcement source says the two causes of death that seem most plausible at the moment are "natural" and "accidental drug overdose."

Monjack told TMZ recently he had suffered a heart attack during the incident last November when he had a medical emergency aboard an airplane.

Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, discovered Monjack's body last night.  She is also the one who found her daughter, Brittany, unconscious and on the floor of the bathroom five months earlier.

UPDATE: TMZ has learned Simon was scheduled to have bypass surgery in September.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

E

I didn't trust Monjack farther than I could throw him, but I never expected this.

Isn't it funny how Sharon Murphy can never find a phone when she needs one. There is a golden window of opportunity on saving life and somehow she just keeps missing it. Not to mention that there are unfortunately ways of killing someone that are hard to detect later (I am not mentioning the ones I have heard of because I don't want to risk helping anyone). She should be investigated, but L.A. will half-ass it if they do it at all. It was a miracle when HKS was brought up on charges.

Cookie

Her poor mother.

Jho

I agree with #103. If you are in need of bypass surgery why wait 5 months to schedule it? If a blockage is causing symptoms it is usually dealt with sooner than later.

W

Brittney's mom did it, now she has the house and more than likely the money....I think she needs to be a suspect

Jen

I was wondering why the bypass was scheduled so far out, as well. Is that common practice? Why wouldn't they just do it right away if they know it's needed?

I'm just not that familiar with cardiac practices, so I was hoping someone who reads here would know more...

lindy

This is a sad ending for Sharon. May God Bless you and you can find an angel to be there in your life. You loved your family so much and they you. Please make it minute by minute even as hard as that is at this time.
God Bless you Sharon.

Bosnian Chick

I will not go into explaining what overdose means but ill tell u this not everyone can tolerate pain in some way some do it better then others.Yes we all know pills are not healthy they come with bunch of side effects wheter you feel them or not.Just because he and his wife overdosed it doesnt neccecerily mean they took pills willingly to kill them self on purpose.. you can administer meds so many ways to a person without them knowing it.To me it does sound fishy this whole story.Ok i get it he did have hearth issues but his wife didn't.Since a lots of people tought bad about him he can have 100 enemys too that alone should be reason to investigate his death more throughly.Whole relationship between him and mother in law sure was weird.It just doesnt seem right.

Lucy

The poor Mum. Really sad.

mary

FOR STARTERS I DO FEEL VERY BAD FOR SHARON....IT IS VERY SAD & TRAUMATIC- TO FIRST SEE HER DAUGHTER DEAD...AND THEN HER SON-IN LAW.THIS IS NOT A JOKE PEOPLE HAVE SOME SENSITIVITY....I HEARD BOTH OF THE 911 CALLS----SHARON TRYING TO REVIVE HER DAUGHTER BRITANNY, AND NOW SHARON TRYING TO REVIVE HER SON IN LAW...IN MY OPINION SHARON WAS EMOTIONALLY HYSTERICAL WHEN SHE DISCOVERED HER DAUGHTER DEAD..WHO WOULDN'T BE?...I THINK SINCE THAT INCIDENT...SHARON STARTED TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSANTS-----SO NOW THAT SHE FOUND SIMON DEAD- SHE WAS DISTRAUGHT BUT NOT COMPLETELY HYSTERICAL...BECAUSE HER EMOTIONS WERE SUPRESSED WITH THE ANTI- DEPRESSANTS...I THINK SHARON NEEDS TO BE VERY CAREFUL...NOT TO ABUSE MEDS...(ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE'S SUFFERED SO MUCH EMOTIONAL PAIN.. IF SHES NOT CAREFUL....SHE MAY HAVE THE SAME FATE.....BY THE WAY FOLKS I HAVE BEEN TO FUNERALS WERE 2 SPOUCES WERE DEAD @ THE SAME TIME. THE WIFE DIED OF A MEDICAL CONDITION--2 HOURS LATER HER HUSBAND DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES----BROKEN HEART...DEFINITELY--THEY DID LOVE EACH OTHER...HUSBAND DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT HIS WIFE---THE HIGHER UPS DECIDED THEY SHOULD BOTH REST IN PEACE TOGETHER....

Kraven

What is the hold up on the toxicology report? Shouldn't that be done by now? Where is it?

Deb

Has anyone looked at MOM as a person of interest? I mean,really!Sounds fishy to me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7