DeWyze and Bowersox -- Partying with Protection

5/27/2010 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Right after winning "American Idol" -- newly crowned champ Lee DeWyze celebrated his face off ... at a Hollywood after-party with runner-up Crystal Bowersox ... and an army of private security.

Flanked by hired muscle, the two singers were all smiles outside the Mondrian hotel on Sunset Blvd. -- posing for fans and even giving some final thoughts on Simon Cowell and Bret Michaels.

Question is ...

Danonino

WTF....Thank GAWD I can remember what an IDOL is !!! Jim Morrison, Eric Clapton, Greg Lake, Steve Walsh, Robert Plant, Robert Palmer, ... these guys were SEXY as hell and could SING!!! But, YEAH.... I am really digging Lee and his scrappy beard! ugghh

GP

Really I can't believe you people on here. Actually, either of the two could have easily won. Actually, Aaron Kelley was one of the better ones. Last year, Adam was good also and did not win. It is a matter of choice. Chris Allen was good too. He also was the best choice for American IDOL. IDOL means someone we want our kids looking up to. Though I did like Crystal, I did not think she was the best IDOL for the American youth. The piercings, dreds, huge tattos over her body are not particularly idol material. The girl can perform, as could Adam last year. But which would I rather my children have as an IDOL---Mmmmm, let's see, Adam, who is who he is, or clean cut all American Chris... This year, same concept... Yes, it's a singing contest, and face it---both of the contestants will succeed....Both actually are winners thanks to American Idol...

Fitzhugh

Just happened to turn on Idol finale midstream to see a not-so-perfect looking gal belt it out! Wow, I was blown away. Then heard her contender, and thought "What the f..k?" How is there any comparison? She was full of talent, he seemed to have next to none. Just goes to show, it really is all about appearances....

cindy

Danonino,,,,

Complaing I wasn't stating the truth I was. If you don't like it--don't read it---:)

Lee and crystal are amazing and for people to complain about his height and her teeth is stupid and childish !!!

Stan Green

He was good but she was better. The best singer rarely wins but the second place seems to do better in the long run. One exception was Carrie Underwood!

mona19595

Everyone has their favorite and just being on the show is bound to do something for their career's. As for Lee and Mama Sox, Lee grew the most on the show which is what Idol is all about. Mama Sox is stuck in a genre all her own. She is great I like her a lot however she just was not Idol material like Lee. Looks do matter which is why Susan Boyle didn't win in England however that doesn't make her a loser by any means and Crystal is no loser. She'll do fine and so will Lee those who say he doesn't have talent perhaps you should think otherwise and say you don't like his style because that is what it is really about! Enough said it's over so time to move ON!

Holly

Okay. I have watched AI for several years now (not the first couple.I am in my lower 50's, but have always thought I am very open minded and like a little of all types of music.All this talk about MommaSox and Lee.This year I bought Casey James songs off of I-tunes.He made mistakes in song choices but he is marketable. Last year I bought several from Adam Lambert...I know he is gay and that should be his PERSONAL bussiness. I love What Do You Want From Me but he really pissed me off with his gay looking album cover. Love his music, but don't care to have the album cover out and about with my grandkids. Adam if you read this make your stand about sexuality somewhere else so I can bring your music to my house. So who did you guys buy during the year?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4