'American Idol' Finale -- What the Hell Happened?!

5/27/2010 10:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" brought out the big guns for their season finale last night -- with some huge stars, shocking moments ...and the return of William Hung!

Check out the photo recap and reminisce on all the highlights!

PRISCILLA

Crystal should have won. I will definitely buy her CD because she is a talented and gifted singer with a unique voice. Lee has a generic voice-there is nothing unique or special about it. He is BORING to listen to, just like last year's winner. I agree with an earlier comment: there should only be one vote allowed per viewer because the winner is the singer whose fans dial in or text the most.

Mayra

Although Crystal should have won and is the better performer, I'm happy for Lee. It's what "the show is all about." Don't worry about Crystal, I know she'll have a great career!

Judy Jones

Casey needs to be a model. Forget about the songs and show the body!!

shebeme

Im sorry call me a sore LOSER But MAMA SOX WAS ROBBED!!! And dont get me wrong i like Lee and voted periodically thru out the show for him. BUT CRYSTAL IS THE WINNER AND WILL BE!! YOU WILL SEE.. JUST LIKE DAUGHTRY WENT HOME AT #4 and he is BIGGER than Taylor WHO??? o yea Hicks! and IDOL..or was he?? LOL WE WILL MISS YOU SIMON XOXO

AB

To kayster58 - if i was an american i would have voted for Chris
Daughtry, As i have said,if Chrystal had been good throughout as she was during the 2 day finale, she might have won but if you really listened to the fans when Lee or Chrystal came out, you would know that Lee had their attention 2/1 - just listen!!!

WHATEVER

there's such cute , real chemistry with paula and simon.

Shannon

I am very upset that Lee won. He is a good singer and seems like a good guy; however, he sounds like every other commercial male singer out there! I thought maybe Idol was going to take a chance and finally recognize someone for their individuality and true talent. Nope. Crystal lead the who time. I am thinking that maybe Idol may be rigged now. Crystal is much more of an artist than Lee will ever be, no offense Lee.

duckylucky5

What the hell happened to the story?

LJ

SOMEONE needs to change the voting, it should be ONE vote per person, these tweens and cougars voting for the same old thing, is getting old.... a white guy with a guitar..lost my interest UNLESS a NEW "out of the ordinary" judge is selected.

angeleyes

AI Sucks! Last year Adam Lambert was by far the better performer with the best voice - this year Crystal should have won - The voting is all wrong! DWTS does it much better - where you vote online and only get 5 votes per person -
I'm sick of these off key, lack luster singers who should be singing in some bar winning when real talent comes in 2nd -
I definitely have not bought a CD by the goof that won last year nor will I buy one by this years winner - BUT when Crystal has one out - that one I'll buy - She has real talent as a performer -

Perhaps if the judges got the last vote on these things it might make more sense than letting wet dream little girls vote on popularity rather than real talent!

SarahW02

No one believed it last year, or the year before when everyone of Cook and Lambert fans yelled...voting rigged....but now you are believers.. 1 vote per phone is the key to a making the wrong - right.

HppyNppy

Crystal rocks dreadlocks and a piercing; that's why she didn't win. AI has become so "whitewashed" in the last several years. It's like Wonder bread with nada on it.
Fox f'd up when they let Paula go.

South Beach

The "Pants falling down" guy was very awkward. Poor guy.

whynot

Here is an idea for next year and the new Judge - rename the show - what it really is - Teen Idol Contest (TI)

Good Luck Crystal......................