Bandleader Pissed Over 'American Idol' Snub

5/27/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0527_ricky_miner_EX_Getty_01TMZ has learned ... one of the key players who made "American ldol" a success was so pissed last night after the show, he chewed out "A.I." producers backstage.

Rickey Minor -- who has been the bandleader for 6 seasons  -- is leaving A.I. to head up Jay Leno's band on "The Tonight Show."

Minor was fit to be tied after no one thanked him or wished him well -- hell, they didn't even acknowledge him during last night's finale.

Our "A.I." spies tell us ... when the show was over Minor went off on producers, angrily telling them how insulted he was by their silent dis.

Minor refused to go backstage for the champagne afterparty.  But producers pleaded with him and then got Randy Jackson to try and smooth it over with an unprepared speech.

Minor then said a few words but we're told, "You could cut the bitterness with a knife."

We're told Minor recanted and went to the afterparty -- but he was still fuming mad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

oh gawd

Never heard of him, either. So he's going to be the sycophantic black guy shoveling Jay's ****? What an honor! Sell-out whore.

Trish

Awe... He wanted to be the "man of the hour". Too bad...

MP

I had forgotten he was also leaving AI. I don't blame him for being angry, someone could have said a little something about him and wished him well on the Leno show. Best of luck Mr. Minor!

AnthonyS

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms!

dd

Soooo everyone has a BIG EGO you are in the background honey, stay there..

S

Can't say that I blame him. I'd noticed that last night, and wondered what had happened.
Good luck Ricky!

bring back recent posts

HAHAHAHA...ya...I'd b pretty pissed if my boss didn't thank me for DOIN MY JOB AFTER I QUIT !..

Abe

Who the hell is Ricky Minor? Never heard of him.

Caroline

They should have at least said goodbye. I guess the producers don't want it to seem like everyone is jumping ship and leaving the show even though many of the key people are doing just that.

Sharon

Maybe they dissed him because his band sounded like crap all season.

cstergis

Crystal should've went tha #$%& off she to was dis #### AI willnot watch that show ever again.

flip[wilson

AI should be arrested for serving alcohol to a Minor.

bring back recent posts

oh...and did anyone notice how Carrie Underwood is doin the whole Shania Twain thing when she stands and sings? ..why do they both stand with their legs open sooooo much..they look like they really wanna ...well..u know..just sayin

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

I would've been pissed as well. I was actually looking to see if they'd say goodbye to him. After it was over, I told my wife, they didn't say goodbye to Ricky.

Well, obviously American Idol is with Coco. ;) But still, they should at least have acknowledged him.

tlynn

The show has become a total joke anyways, thus everyone jumping ship! Without Simon, what's the point?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments