Bret Michaels Returns Against Doctor's Orders

5/28/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels will return to the stage tonight, much to the delight of his fans worldwide -- but we've learned his doctor is not crazy about the comeback plan.

Bret Michaels
Fresh off his triumphant "Celebrity Apprentice" win and "American Idol" performance, Michaels is set to perform tonight at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi, MS. Sources close to Michaels tell us he had a check-up yesterday and everything was fine.

We're told Bret's doctor is not in favor of Michaels performing tonight, noting he's not "100%."  But the doctor realizes handcuffing Bret is not an option.

Nevertheless, precautions will be in place tonight.  We're told, "Bret will be slower on stage ... not a lot of dancing and will take it easy" on stage. There will also be "medical personnel" in the house ... just in case.  And, we're told, the AC will be cranked up.

If you plan on attending tonight's show, be sure to pack your extra warm bandana.

Pound Sand

I really like him but this is just STUPID! Would you jump out of a plane if you knew there was a chance your chute would not open? Take it easy for awhile Bret!

Tyanna

I'll say what everyone else here is thinking but doesn't have the nerve to write...I'm afraid that the next headlines we may be reading is going to be Mr. Michael's has died. Died from what? Some on going thing he should have slowed down to deal with and heal over, but didn't wanna. It's great you wanna keep rockin and sing on American Idol or be the next AI judge, or go the Celebrity Apprentice or play in Biloxi, but if you are DEAD will any of that matter? Nobody will be surprised if that happens and the world will all say the same thing....dumbA$$ you should have given yourself the time to mend and be with your family. Really, that should be the most important thing...TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY uninterrupted by your own scary press and too-soon-jump back into your career. He doesn't need a doctor, he needs a psychologist to get his head examined.

Trish

All work and no rest-makes Bret a dead man... Sad but true...

Joann

I like Brett and all but he should not be playing God with his health. He was in very, very serious condition a short while ago and even he admits he's not 100% back yet.

Don't push it Brett. If the doctors said you should take it easy then that's what you do. We don't want to read about you dying in the next couple of days.

AL

ya, he learned his lesson and wants to be there for his kids. Back to being himself. total narcissist. ME ME ME. Attention whore. F the kids.

kacey

Uuuummm...yeah....4-1-1 to Bret....you need to ssssllllllooooowwwww down dude. You're smart, talented and a great performer...but, you can't walk on water, and you are not immortal. You can sit on deaths doorstep only so many times, and then it eventually invites you in. Be careful what you wish for.

david

I don't understand Bret Michaels. First, he does two seasons of "Rock of Love" trying to dip his wick into any skank he can, yet he has a long time gf this whole time with whom he has two kids? WTF.

Also, I never even knew he had kids until all of his medical problems came about. So, all of a sudden now they are really important? But, they really can't be that important because he's back on tour risking his life. Something stinks here, and no I didn't just take a dump.

Jadeh

Totally ridiculous, like he has a point to prove or something. He is playing with fire

Peaches

I DONT BELIVE HE WAS THAT ILL.........I THINK IT ALL GOT OUT OF HAND AND HE HAS BUILT IT UP...HE'S NEVER HAD THIS MUCH PRESS. ON THE APPRENTICE...WHEN HE GOT THE PHONE CALL INDICATING HIS DAUGHTER MIGHT BE DIABETIC...HE SAID THEY WOULD KNOW IN A "FEW DAYS TO A FEW WEEKS"...BULL****........YOU KNOW IN A A FEW HOURS, IF THAT MUCH....JUST NEED THE BLOOD TESTS BACK...NOT IN A FEW DAYS! ! ! !he wants sympathy....he's a phoney! ! ! ! IT WILL COME BACK TO HIM.....I HOPE HE REALLY GETS SICK, HE DESERVES IT........

CH

Holly Robinson Peete-YOU WERE ROBBED!
Bret could hardly walk on Sunday on the Celebrity Apprentice and then a few days later Bret could perform on American Idol and now at the Hard Rock. Bret u are a faker!

Beth

#74 twilightmom:

I totally understand what you are saying. But from I've heard, he is ignoring docs orders and as a nurse I know that you cannot push rehab. It's done at the pace it is because it has been proven to be the best way to heal. Going faster does not make you heal faster, in fact it may do more damage. I'm surprised he got a docs order to do that, sure he did it on his own. But you are right, I've worked in ICU and come back a couple of days days later to see a patient I was sure was going to die looking and acting like a ray of light. It does happen. The drive to please fans, ignore docs orders to rest some more so you have a better chance of living so you can be there for your kids, I do not understand. When this first happened his biggest concern was for his daughters. Now his biggest concern is for the fans? No sense at all. And if you think docs wont take bribes, money, cover things up and all that..you are very wrong. There are bad docs just as there are bad employees in every profession. Michael Jackson comes to mind here.

Barbie

The dude is smoking HOT. What can I say, he just can't stay away from the attention and the Hoez. He'd rather be dead than staying home with his family until he gets better. He must be bored at home, poor thing...lol

dina

After watching a show about the life of Brett Michaels, I am not sure why everyone thinks he is such a great guy.He is an admitted drug and alcohol abuser, womanizer, wild person, did not marry his children's mother and does not represent to me a person that deserves all the attention. I am sorry he is ill, but hislife style probably caued some of it. There are a lot more talented people in the world who deserve the attention this druggie is getting, no matter what kind of songs he writes. Let's honor the right kid of person, not this kind.

crystal

Brett, are you crazy???? He might need a new brain!! Gary Coleman just died from a brain hemorrhage! You could die just as well if u don't take take of yourself!!

Jo

I'm wondering if he has any health insurance - none of these medical problems he's had in the last several months are cheap and he's got another one supposedly fixing the hole in his heart this fall. I think he's just grabbing what he can now.