'Diff'rent Strokes' Dad

I'm 'Praying' for Gary

5/28/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who played Gary Coleman's sitcom father on "Diff'rent Strokes" tells TMZ he's aware of Gary's tragic situation -- and says he's "hoping and praying for his recovery."

Conrad Bain, 87, -- who played Philip Drummond on the show -- tells us the two haven't spoken in years ... but with the recent reports, Gary is definitely in his thoughts.

As we previously reported, Coleman is currently on life support after suffering a intracranial hemorrhage earlier this week.

Diane

Everybody is literally blowing their minds in Hollywood.

Grump

Aww.. that's nice. I like Mr. D !!!

Criss

Not to sound like a jerk, but I really didn't know Conrad Bain was still alive.

Vonn

@ Criss I was thinking the same thing.

2 HOT!

What a sad life this poor soul has led, being a child actor with parents only in it for the money! He had no trust fund set up by his parents for adulthood........couldn't find work as an actor as an adult & had 2 work as a security guard in hollywood lot's! Not to mention the medical conditions he battled all his life due to his growth/genetic disease~ Know wonder why he was angry & frustrated at his life at times. May God Bless you & be with you during this awful time, what ever the outcome maybe~

w

Hes a good guy mr drummond.

Get Better Mr. Coleman!!

Adriamarie

Gary has had so many Health problems and needs all of Us to Pray for him. Just Tragic and I do hope for him a Full-Recovery.

LaToya Jackson

Such a funny kid turned into such a angry, bitter man.. It's sad

Knockers De Clown

Do these blow up shoes make my butt look FAT?

Trish

Someone posted that his anger issues started early on. A 20 year old kid, having to sit on an old white man's lap all the time. Might be some truth to that.

Honey

I have never heard Mr. Bain be anything other than gracious about the young actors he worked with and their problems. He's always seemed like a very decent, thoughtful gentleman.

My good wishes go out to Gary, and I hope he does recover.

Truth

THOT THIS DUDE PASSED AWAY ALREADY. CHECKED HIS IMDB, CONRAD BAIN IS 87. WTF, HE STILL ALIVE!!

DJ

Trish, he was 10 when the show started, not 20. He was 20 when it ended & he wasn't sitting on anyone's lap on the show at that point.

Jerry

To all of you people across our great country that laugh at him and said some really bad thing about him your time to pay is coming. This poor young man was robbed by his parents and used and just plained sucked dry. This is now up to GOD and Gary! All of you should be thinking what you have said about him and done to him... including you homosexual at TMZ.

Nicole

Wow, Mr. Drumman is still alive?! My boyfriend had told me he had passed away years ago one day while when we were watching Diff'erent Strokes epsoides on DVD. That's good to know he's still alive!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments