Gary Coleman

Dies

5/28/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST.  He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

A rep for Coleman released this statement: "Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years."

More Today in TMZ History

Horndog

Attention TMZ posters who were critical of Gary - he will be waiting for you in the hereafter. Sleep well.

jay w

Whatcha Talkin' Bout Jesus?

Steph

R.I.P Gary. I sit here with tears in my eyes. "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" is a classic line. We'll miss you.

Matt

He had a hard life he can finally rest now ...

Karen

nisiek...I thought the exact same thing. Lisa Bloom treated him like poo & I hope she feels bad about it. He didn't deserve it. I had a feeling he passed over an hour ago. He'll finally have peace from a life of suffering. Todd Bridges said he's tried to reach out to him to help him. It is too bad he didn't accept Todd's help. RIP.

Tito's mom

Maybe he can get some peace in the afterlife

Eastender

What you talking about Willis. I'll never forget you little man. RIP.

Juan

It's sad... he had a bad life brought on by his parents mismanaging him funds and stealing them.
He became very bitter.

He was made fun of and ridiculed by the public, and now the public will go "Oh Poor Gary, may he "Rest in Peace" Hypocrites!!

Gary... you were a jacka$$ but we loved you...

dirty diana

sorry to hear this. rip

Cynthia

how did he fall?

Tracey

R.I.P Gary :( This so sad. He will be deeply missed. I loved him on Diff'rent Strokes. "What u talkin bout?" One of the best lines ever!

Trish

His wife Shannon decided to pull the plug. Hmmm... How did he fall? Being a little as he was, it couldn't have been a big fall. He could have been hit in the head with a frying pan. Who knows... RIP

Ree

What u talkin about TMZ?? R.I.P. Gary You were young and lived a short life =(

What Willis was Talkin' About

Diff'rent Strokes?

Wendy

RIP Gary ! My thoughts and prayers are with your wife and family.