Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

5/28/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty."  We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) is also set to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

melliemel

#16 Sandi, Fat Black? Stop drinking the haterade. These ugly white supposed to be singers, Like Gaga and Pink are trying to look like Janet. At 44 this sister has it going on. #20 Brillo Pad, whew, you wish you could rock a hairstyle like this. Just admit it, you two are probably two fat white bitches, who wouldnt know beauty if it slapped you in the face. Why am I defending Janet? At 44 and looking this good, she doesnt need defending. Besides at 44, you just dont give a damn about what people think of you. I wish I had a body like hers. You go Ms. Jackson, strut your stuff all over.

WTF

i really don't know why you are so "disgusted" with the hair, i love that.

melliemel

She is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. But she is still not a strong singer. I would pay $60... to $75 to see her. I've seen her before, she's okay, but no Michael. Sorry Janet. But I do think that she should be arrested for looking so good. Dang Janet, 44, and you look better than some 20 year olds. Go ahead Janet, Oops I mean Ms Jackson, if you're nasty. LOL Love ya girl.

willy

yes!!! I think a new album is in the works after she's done shooting the new movie! bring it on, janet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

sean2010

YUCK SOME PEOPLE HAVE SOME VERY SICK MINES. IT REALLY ISNT THAT DEEP.

ANYWHO...

HELL YESSSSSSSSSS I WILL GO SEE MISS JANET AGAIN IN CONCERT! HER SHOWS ARE ALWAYS ON POINT AND ALWAYS GETS MY MONEY WORTH! AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE MY MIND ON GOING EITHER. LOL

IF YOU DONT LIKE JANET, STAY YA BROKE ASSES AT HOME. LOL

AND HER LAST TOUR WAS IN 2008 "ROCK WITCHU TOUR" NOT 2002 WHICH WAS ALL FOR YOU WORLD TOUR.

Jett

JANET PLEASE DO!!!!

Moxie

That wasn't positive reaction on Idol, that was pity applause. That was the most God awful thing I've watched in years. PAINFUL!!

anya

Even when her weight was up her butt wasn't that big. She looked like a clown.

Grump

-Posted at 5:35 AM on May 28, 2010 by Susan

IDK, but seems like all the newer generation (some a bit older- like JLO who once was a dancer for her)has to me not sure if you ever watched any one of them dance and most admit they have in their interviews. As far as ripping off MJ, I guess you can call it that(who hasn't) but then again they are siblings and I was only directing to other performers, don't like the fact that they (as reported & she admitted) were competitive with one another and rather lay off that subject. =}

Anyway, no she didn't dance much & strutted back and forth (not the only performer who does it once in awhile-beside like that she only sang since it was mostly idol winner night and Simon's farewell so I don't think it would be good if she hogged the show to herself. (JMO)

Lovely Rita

Her voice has no volume or power. I do not get the attraction. If she were not a Jackson she'd never have made it this far. Seriously, she has no vocal skills.

Doug

She went from hott to not. Put some hair extensions on, you look disgusting without out them. Then I would pay $100.

LaToya Jackson

Back to me..

alyssa

my janet jackson video from american idol made me the #9 music artist on youtube for today check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z6CCacSAVY

mj fan forever

I would not see her not even free let's imagine for $100! Fake.

Sue

It's a joke. I thought she was TERRIBLE on American Idol. Christina, on the other hand, was brilliant.

I honestly believe that they used Michael's voice on the first song. I don't believe for a second that was hers. I think that entire family should be ashamed for using their brother's carreer and now his death to line their own pockets.