Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

5/28/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty."  We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) is also set to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

Snippy

Seriously! I bet half these people who call her fat are a Dble. cheesburger and a milkshake away from being " Morbidly Obese", the ugly jokes are the those who are greasy & nasty looking and the jokes that wouldn't pay to go just can't afford it they are saving for their value meals and those who say won't pay 100.00 to bang her, hahaha, they can't even get a hand to do it.

ana carauleanu

janet you are the best!!

you

At least Janet has TALENT, unlike most of the musicians of today. Most of the singers today sound like they've been hit by a car and left on the curb. :(

branu

Wow! Some of you comments are really ignorant. @Dana-bitch learn how to spell. WTH you know about street gangs. I'm sure your daddy the Grand Dragon put that ignorant idea in your head. @BarbieJean-I'm sure Janet don't give a damn about what you think about her hair. As long as she likes it, then that's all that matters. @Sandi-I'm sure you're not a perfect 10, please remember African-American women tend to be naturally thick. Janet did not look fat.

mary k neff

she sucked, really

Chris

I think if she puts her heart and soul into her music, she can be great. She sounds so much like Michael! I'd pay to see her in LA.

raven

ALL I CAN SAY IS I HOPE GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS HER IN FRONT OF ALL THE HATERS. WITH THAT SAID THE PERFORMANCE WAS GREAT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER TOUR AGAIN.

EDITA ON STEROIDS

Now take a survey of the race of the people that most often visit your site. now look at the concert poll. She will do just fine and plenty of us will go to see her

EDITA ON STEROIDS

Janet looks good, her body shape is what a womans body should look like. I love her new haircut, shes just beautiful

marcia

Janet looked great and proved that she can hang with the 20 somethings. Her music is still relevant and she gives the youngsters something to aspire to.

John22

HER HAIR IS NAAAAAAASTY!!!!

DIMO

You couldn't pay ME 100 bucks to watch or listen to her "WISPER-LIP-SYNC"!!

Sandra

People are crazy, they won't see a person who's talent has sored for decades; without her have to dress trampy or everytime you see her she's got one step short of a piece of string on..yet they'll pay that much to see LADY GOO GOo & Britney Spirless..so sad, I guess true talent really don't count huh??

MP

I would love to see Janet in concert, but I don't think I'd pay a hundred dollars to see her. She was good on AI, but her dancing was lacking compared to how she used to be. She really needs to bring it.

raven