Bruce Beresford-Redman: 'I Am Innocent'

5/31/2010 7:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bruce Beresford-Redman is finally speaking out through his lawyer and proclaiming his innocence as reports surface he has been charged in the murder of his wife.

The state attorney general in Mexico told the AP a judge has issued a warrant for the former "Survivor" producer's arrest. Beresford-Redman, who spent the day with his kids (see above), released this statement:

"Monica was the axis around which our whole family revolved. From her sisters and parents to my parents and of course to our children and me, she was everything to us.

"I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death. I am innocent. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient."

His attorney, Richard Hirsch, said in part, "Mr. Beresford-Redman is innocent of this crime and is prepared to defend himself in a court of law."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Linda

IF you are inocent I pray justice will prevail. I so sorry for your loss.May God comfort you and help you thru this terrible tragedy.

Jody

He will be on the run soon if the US demands he return to Mexico to face charges.

Fina

Yeah, and I'm the queen of Sheba

TheLeatherArtist

Nice try but too little too late. I think its pretty clear what happened here and I pray for Monica's sake this man spends the rest of his life in some nasty Mexican prison. With luck her sisters will raise her children as she would have wanted it if she could not raise them herself. Total s*** bag this guy is. How you could do so something so vile to the Mother of your kids is beyond comprehension. You are another O.J. Simpson and no better!

Quiet

He lies like a Rug!

LA Native

If you are so innocent, why not let your innocent children go to their mothers memorial? I find that strange.

moe

LYING SACK OF DOG ****!! WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SOOOOOOOO LONG FOR YOU TO COME OUT AND SAY THIS NOW?? DOUCHE!

Jen

This is not the way that someone speaks when they are suffering the loss of a loved one, these are the words of someone who is creating a defense for crime they commited.

tiv

I would like to know where ths sister was when Monica went missing Seems she wants it all the restarant the kids if she gets the kids she gets the money too hummmmm seems wierd to me why is she up in all this and wants all her sister had ??? The resturant is Bruces now if it was his wifes not her sister ?

Abe

YOU.
ARE.
GUILTY.
Now go to Mexico and serve your sentence.

Savethedramaforyourmama

This guy is full of crap...if he was innocent he should of stayed in Mexico and answered all the questions the mexican authorities had for him.... He and his lawyer know EXACTLY what they did by coming to the US...making it a dragging case for them to have to try to extradite him....

Jon

It's really bizarre that you people have convicted this man without hearing one single piece of evidence. I don't believe the Mexican authorities have offered any proof of a crime, so unless you all have some insider information you should lay off the hate.

BC

Oh, yeah? Did the mistress fit into that equation? Was she the hub of the axis?

#9, she owned the restaurant with her sisters. Why not do some research before you post stupid opinions?

Bruce

Bruce ain't going back to Mexico, unless it's to pass through on his way to some country with no extradition treaty with Mexico. Israel?

Sonja

Too little too late wife killer. Sorry 90% of the time it's the husband/boyfriend and this case screams 'husband'. Funny thing is if you had cried and begged for America to help you.. a citizen in another country to find your wife's murderer we all might have believed you but that just didn't happen, you shoved her in a septic tank ... may you rot in jail and you children forever hate you. Hope Mexico comes calling soon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments