Arrests in Chi Chi Rodriguez Robbery Case

6/10/2010 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned multiple suspects have been arrested in the bold robbery of golfing legend Chi Chi Rodriguez

Chi Chi Rodriguez

Authorities in Guayama, Puerto Rico tell TMZ they expect to file charges against several suspects in the next few weeks. Rodriguez and his wife were tied up and robbed at gunpoint last month, and had $500,000 worth of belongings taken, including the wedding ring right off the wife's finger.

Chi Chi tells TMZ, "I feel a little better knowing that they are closer to cracking the case. If the guys are young, I hope it doesn’t ruin the rest of their lives, but they hurt me and my wife deeply.”

Chi Chi says he hasn't stayed at the house since the robbery, but tells us, “I played 10 holes the other day and shot 3 under par, so I’m doing alright.”

Pretty LL

He sounds like a nice guy to be concerned about the robber. Kinda classy actually

nando

HAY WHAMO, PUERTO RICO IS NOT A SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRY IT'S AN ISLAND IN THE CARABIEN,AND A TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES!

mario

Whamo, Puerto Rico is in the Caribbean NOT South America and it is a territory of the US NOT a South American country. Pick up a geography and a US history book once in a while. BTW Puerto Ricans are US citizens.

Lisa

this actually doesn't have anything to do with the case but every time I hear his name I remember the WKRP in Cincinnati when Les Nessman pronounces his name on the air as "Chi" as in fry instead of Chi as in Chee -- does anyone remember that one -- it was a riot :)

Tired of toxomom

Holy Cr*p- that's a scary picture!

Phreaky

What a sweet man! I would be wishing death on the criminals. He hopes it doesn't ruin their lives!
Hope his wife gets her wedding ring back.

sonny

It may not be South America but, its still a tin pot country.

penny

Chi Chi really is a class act. I played golf at a tournament he was in at Lakewood NJ. Just me and 125 guys (long time ago) and they gave Chi Chi the Ladies dressing room for him to change in. He saw me bringing in my clothes in the hallway and said "You go on and use the room, I can manage". How many legends would do such a nice thing and he was friendly and nice to everyone. They don't make gentlemen like him anymore!

mario

Sonny, PR is part of the US. Is the US a tin pot country? Learn some US history.

Dan

Personal experience as well. Was at a golf tournament where Chi-Chi was playing (years ago)... Even though he had a pretty bad day golf-wise, he was the most accomodating and friendly sports star I came across. He stayed behind for a long time signing autographs, talking with fans, and joking around with them. There's tons of stories about what a class act he is...

Glad you're safe Chi-Chi, and hope this case works itself out soon to your advantage...

wolfie

If I were you I'd also check Les Nessman's house for suspects.

kickaboo

Such a sweet man. Hope you and the Missus' lives get back to normal soon, Chi Chi. May your robbers be convicted, I agree in what you said about youth. Stupid, dumb kids.

Lewy

3-under, Chi Chi? You're taking miniature golf, right?

Whatever

Hey "Whamo", could you be more of an idiot? Look at a map every once in a while. Also, South American countries are NOT "tin pot" countries. Brazil has a lot of wealth. It has the 8th largest economy in the world. E-c-o-n-o-m-y... look it up.

Pauly (a young richard mulligan) Delvecchio

Lol, poor guy! With a name like Chi Chi Rodriguez you’d think he’d be the one doing the forcible robbery.
Sounds like the birth name of a man you’d find shanking strangers in a Cucuta, Colombian alley for $15.00 a pop, but amazingly he became a pro golfer! Props Chi Chi.

Extraneous - -

I’m trying out some new material so bare with me.
I do imitations of meek sounding people who call the Nancy Grace show. God love Nancy, sometimes she does a good thing, but her callers bust me up. Alright it’s a bit hard without hearing the proper inflection in my voice, but here we go:

Nancy: Caller you’re on the line.

Caller: . . . . . . . . . . .ten second pause (Mousy, beaten voice enters) “Um Nancy,

Nancy: Go ahead dear.

Caller : . . .Um Nancy. . . . I just want to tell you. (muffled sniffling)

Nancy : Yes Dear?

Caller: (whispery cry) you’re an angel.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments