Michael Jackson Estate, AEG Pays for Memorial

6/18/2010 3:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's estate and AEG have agreed to pay the City of Los Angeles $1 million to cover the cost of the MJ memorial last year.

Michael Jackson Estate

In addition the estate and AEG will pay $300,00 for crime fighting equipment, as a make-good for the memorial expenses.

City officials determined $1.3 mil will cover the costs of police services, permits, Sanitation Department and Transportation Department expenses incurred for the memorial.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rhonda

Good to see the MJ just keeps paying for everything. LA can not conplain about anything now. Not only did MJ pay for his memorial is also brought in alot of tourist to the city and that also made money for LA. But then again MJ made an awful lot of money for LA an no one even said thank you. The must be the proud americans, thank god I am not a Americain.

Katrina

well, it only makes sense for them to do it, CA and LA need all the financial help they can get.

Karolina

Dear Michael,

I am waiting for your come back:*
I love you so much...

Karolina

Louis

AEG should pay for everything, they're the ones input Michael there :(.

denise

I can't believe AEG didn't just spring the whole bill. It's awful to hear that MJ had to pay for his own memorial.

Karolina

Dear Michael,

I am waiting for your come back:*
I love you so much...

Karolina

MichaelJACKSON

MJ Trust clearly states Trust will pay for the funeral expenses, why is AEG co-paying? This, my friends, is BRIBE under the banner of "funeral expenses"

Diana

He's coming back...soon.

Can't you step back and see what he's doing? It's incredible. What a genius MJ was.

"Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!"

Marie

To all the MJ haters saying that the king of pop never paid his bills and was a liability to America and the world,I say you need to shut the hell up because thanks to MJ and AEG,Los Angeles police officers are going to get a nice paycheck next week.

Siggisis

"Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!"

Posted at 11:52 AM on Jun 18, 2010 by Diana

I am sorry, but I have to say this, and Diana, it hasn´t to do with you in particular, but the beLIEvers in general. You have to face it, Michael Jackson passed away. Sadly, he is not coming back.
I am really worried about people who think that he does. I think you are seeing what you want to see. You see signs in just about everything. If you don´t snap out of this condition, this "seeing signs" might transcend to other aspects of your lives because it has become a natural way of thinking for you.
Snap out of it and face reality, please!

Karolina

Mike, You're just simply THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karolina

pam

i'm so sorry i hurt you over the years by thinking that you were a pedophile - now i know you weren't. i'm sorry. i lov you MJ please forgive me for my innocent ignorance. you were the greatest performance artist that has ever lived and i never even bother to see you in person cuz i believed what the media stated for the last 17 years. my great loss:(

mysteria333

I'M JUST A BIT TIRED OF PEOLE TALKING ABOUT WHAT BILLS ARE OWED FOR MICHAEL. HE OWES THIS, HE OWES THAT. MICHAEL GAVE MILLIONS TO EVERYONR, ANYONE, HERE AND ABROAD. HE GAVE SO MUCH MONEY HELPING PEOPLE, CAUSES AND INDIVIDUALS THAT THEY HAD TO PUT HIM IN THE GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS, MORE THAN ONCE. NOW WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY CLAIMS ABOUT WHAT HE OWES, WHY IS'NT SOMEONE GIVING BACK. WHY DOES'NT SOMEONE STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND PAY A BILL FOR HIM FOR A CHANGE? OR BETTER YET WHY DOES'NT SOMEONE JUST CANCEL THE ALLEGED DEBT? THE GREED THAT EXISTS IN THIS WORLD TODAY ACTUALLY MAKES ME PHYSICALLY ILL. THAT YOUNG MAN DID EVERY THING HE COULD TO HELP ANYONE WHO NEEDED IT, NOW AS IN HIS LIFE, EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GET WEALTHY OFF OF HIS ESTATE! THAT MONEY BELONGS TO HIS CHILDREN. FOR HEAVEN SAKES, STOP THE GREED!!!!! PUT GOD IN YOUR LIFE FIRST AND FOREMOST AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITS SELF.

Karolina

Siggisis

I know He is alive and I will not change my opinion :)
I just know for 100% and trust me, my mind is really in good condition:)

Sorry ;)